Chapter 23, part 2

Chapter 23, part 2

Xenia Pov

I heard a commotion outside Xyon's room. I went running out to see what was happening only to be shocked at what was awaiting me.

Xyon was on the floor passed out and while falling he had knocked the side table with him.

I went to his unconscious body desperately trying to know what was wrong with him.

"Xyon" I said while slowly shaking him, trying to wake him up.

"Please Xyon wake up you are scaring me" I pleaded with him, but still nothing, he had a strong fever as well and no amount of my shaking him or rubbing his hands were able to arouse his unconsciousness.

I started to panic.

I didn't know if I could mindlink anyone in the pack but I tried anyways.

"Please someone come to Xyon's room he is unconscious please hurry"

I sent it through our link but soon I realized I had broadcasted it to everyone in the pack!

"What happened?" Ross asked as soon as he entered the room with Josh and Xavier right by his side, while I could see the others were waiting outside not entering.

"I don't know? All I know is that I heard some noise and the moment I entered the room he was lying on the floor like this" I said while pointing to his idle body.

"Don't worry you did well by calling us I am sure it's no big deal and soon he'll be alright. Soon our pack doctor will be here to check him and I am sure all he needs is some rest" Xavier said trying to comfort me.

I just couldn't stop a feeling of dread starting at the pit of my stomach.

"Please do something I am really getting scared" I said to no one in particular while my eyes were on Xyon.

"Don't worry" Josh said while he and Xavier picked him and placed him on his bed and the pack doctor entered at that exact moment.

"Thank God doctor", I said while running towards him "please something is wrong with Xyon please make sure he is alright" I begged not knowing why but it felt as if I was the only one who felt something was deeply wrong and that he wasn't suffering from a simple passing out episode.

The doctor went straight to Xyon and checked him; soon he took his blood pressure and some other checkups. He turned around to face me.

"There is nothing to worry about he is just exhausted, that's all. All his vitals are perfect and he is healthy 100% so my guess is he must have been over working himself, so don't worry I'll write some medication for him and he'll wake the minute his body gets the amount of rest it has been deprived of" he told me in a calm and soothing manner.

"Okay" I said but still not too convinced.

Soon everyone left although there were two guards at the door but still better than everyone hovering over me.

"Are you sure you are going to be fine?" Ross asked me before leaving I looked at him with a small smile "yes mother I am sure" I said jokingly.

"Are you sure you don't want any of us to stay with you? You might need some help?" Xavier asked worriedly.

"Yeah that would be real nice especially since Xyon could be waking up any moment and of course the first thing that he desperately needs to see an unmated male near me while I am in my skimpy Pj's" I said with too much fake innocence.

"Good point" he muttered while walking towards the door.

"Hey Luna, if there is anything you need just link us we'll be here" Ross said protectively I nodded while he just gave Xyon a last look and closed the door behind him.

I was all alone with Xyon. He was lying on the bed so peaceful and innocent gone were all the harsh words and angry gestures what was left was his sweetness and innocence.

His fever was gone and he was resting peacefully. I got into bed with him and hugged him tightly because I knew the moment he wakes up everything was going to go back to the way it was: meaning me and him at each other's throats.

So I might as well enjoy being with my mate, even if it's the very little time that I have for the minute I am sure he is fine I'll leave him... for good never to disturb his life again. He sure made me understand how little I am needed by him... again and again...

I placed my head on his chest listening to his steady heart beat.

Silent tears started to fall down my face onto his chest.

Oh My God! I love this man so much that I am willing to sacrifice my own happiness for him so that he can have what he wants. "If only he could accept us" my wolf muttered sadly.

I hugged him harder. "No he won't and I won't force or confuse him any more can't you see what we have done to him?" I asked my wolf she only whimpered and went away.

"No I will let you go, I will set you free Xyon, you know why? Because if you love something you set it free if it comes back to you it's your forever but if it doesn't then that means it was never yours to start with" I told him while my heart broke with each word coming out of my mouth...

I kept lying beside him and enjoying my mate.

His heart beats music to my ears, his smell intoxicating me and making me fall harder and harder for the only man the moon goddess made specifically for me and me for him.

I must have slept for when I woke it was due to the violent shaking of Xyon's body.

"Xyon, baby" I said while trying to wake him.

Nothing.

"Xyon" I shouted but he was shaking all over I touched his forehead and he was cold as death. I started to scream, scared to death that I might lose him...

Soon the guards were in the room I am guessing they heard my screams and they must have mindlinked the others for the next thing I knew I was being led away from the room while the doctor was injecting him with something and Ross and Josh and some other warriors were holding Xyon to the bed for he was viciously thrashing on the bed.

"Don't look at him you have to have some rest and get away from him" Xavier said. I didn't understand what he meant. I mean why should I be away from him? Do they really think that I hurt him ?

He must have read what I was thinking for he suddenly turned me to face him "that's not what I mean but you do know that he gave you up" he whispered the last part softly with pain in his eyes.

What does that have to do with anything?

But then it all came crashing down on me.

It's because of me!

He is sick and might even die because of me!

He made a deal and now the deal has been violated.

OMG! What have I done?