Chapter 17

I should come back earlier instead of Friday to show that I wasn't cheating on him. Yeah I should. I picked up my phone and dialed my mothers number. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello, Mom, it's me. Um I'm coming home earlier but I think that I'm going to come back here. Whn are you guys coming home?" I asked. "Um, we weren't going to come back until Friday but if you want to come home now I can." She let me know.

"No, no that's ok. I was just letting you know that I was coming home." I told her. "Thats fine. You miss Adam." She stated. "Yes." I agreed. "Well, I'll see you later. Love you bye." She said and then she hung up.

"Well I hope she's enjoying herself." I muttered to myself while dialing the number for the airport. Before I left I emailed Austen to tell him that I was going back home for a few days.

I went outside and put my bags in my rental car. I drove to the airport. It was 7:30 when the plane was boarding. I got on the plane and sat in my seat. I didn't get to sit by anyone this time.

I felt relieved by it too. I was asleep until an attendent was waking me up telling me that we had arrived. "Thanks." I said as I got off the plane to retrieve my things. The drive home wasn't long.

When I got there Adam was still in school and had about three hours to go until he could go home. I unpacked my bags and drove to the school. "Hey Mrs. Berty. Am I allowed to visit?"I asked going inside.

"Lily? Why yes you can. Here's a slip." She said letting me go hrough the door. Walking up the stairs toward the classroom where Adam was in I got a glimpse of him going somewhere else.

I decided to follow him to surprise him. I followed him around the corner and down another hallway. I didn't know whether to say his name or wait until he stopped walking. Then he went into the janitors' office.

He must be only going in there to get something for his teacher or something amoung those lines. So I waited. I crossed my arms. Five minutes had passed, then ten minutes had passed.

I got tired of waiting so I opened the door to see him sucking face with...Tammy?! I kept my face right but in my mind I was calling him every bad name in the book. His face was shocked and I couldn't hide my pained expression anymore.

"Lily, wait." he said as I started to leave and I stopped. "Don't worry about me. I'm sorry I interrupted." I said. I ran back downthe steps with tears running down my cheeks. I drove home almost crashing twice.

I went up to my room, curling up into a ball on my bed and I cried. A little while later there was a light tap on my balcony door. I looked up and Adam was here with a sad expression on his face.

Oh well, I would let him in, yell at him then tell him I never want to see him again. I let him him and turned to face the wall. I heard him sit on the bed. "Lily, I'm so sorry." he said.

I was about to start yelling but I couldn't. I flung myself into his lap and wound my arms around his neck. I was crying again. He held onto me. "How could you do that to me?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I thought he was going to reach out and steal you from me." He whispered. I was confused. "Who?" I asked. He sighed then he growled. "That Austen guy." My arms were tighter around his neck.

"You know that I woyld never let that happenn." I said. We were quiet for a while when I broke the silence. "I should hate you for doing this, but part of me still loves you." choked out.

"Every bit of my still loves you." he let me know. I grimaced. "Then why did you use Tammy? Even if that happens she's still my best friend." I reminded him. "I don't know. I told her everything and apologized. She told me she hated me." he told me.

"Well I don't blame her. How would you like it if someone did that to you" I asked getting up. "Please don't leave me." he said ignoringmy question. I took a deep breath feeling my tears running.

"Adam..." I sighed. "....I need...leave. This proves that I can't trust you." I said. I was surprised to see tears grow in his eyes. I've known him since I was five and this was the first time I had seen him cry.

"Lily please don't." he said. "I have to, how am I supposed to trust you?" I sobbed. He got on his knees begging.