26. Spencer, but full white

Spencer yawns as they picked up part twenty of Great-uncle Albert's journal. Dear Satan, this man writes like he has nothing else to do with his damn life, Spencer thinks to themselves. They flinch at a pain happening in their abdomen.

"Sister." they peer from the notebook to see Dong-wook standing in front of them.

"It's brother but what do you want?" Spencer asks.

"What are you reading?" he asked, pointing at the journal.

"It's just a journal. Nothing special." Spencer says before going back to reading. They can feel Dong-wook's presence. They can tell he was wandering the library.

"Do you have any books that I can read?" he asked as his finger glided from hardcover to hardcover. Spencer told him no, their eyes not leaving the journal as they read some important details.

"I'm hungry." Dong-wook states.

"Well go find yourself something to eat, you know where the kitchen is, and I also know for a fact you can speak English."

Dong-wook looks at Spencer for a moment before sighing "I do, but mom won't let me speak English at home."

"Let me guess when she sent you to an American school you only spoke Korean so they put you in extra classes to have you learn English." Dong-wook looks in surprise "Been there, done that."

He looks at them "Sp- Tae-young, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead, you've already asked a lot."

"Why do you like being a boy so much?" Spencer straightened in their seat. This was something they've always prepared for with strangers, but not with blood-family. Family besides Adrian and Ambrose believed in old rules. 'You are a girl', 'Sit like this', 'Wear your hair like this', and worst of all 'If he hits you he likes you'. A family like this didn't care about personal identity, they only care if you were a good servant to your parents, and adhere by the rules. It had made Spencer and their brothers miserable. Maybe that was why they empathized with the Morningstar so much.

"Dang, how do I explain this to someone your age? Well, I guess I should start with that, I'm not a boy, and I'm not a girl." Spencer clears their throat "I am non-binary, and a easy way to explain this to you, I guess, is that I am somewhere in between those two." they lift their little brother into a chair, and slowly begin to explain their thoughts on themselves growing up.

"Was that easy to understand?" Dong-wook nods. He hops out of his chair, and announces that he's going to the garden to play. Spencer watches as he trots away, smiling to themselves. Their smile fades when they get up and see blood on the chair "Oh hello my old foe you fucking bitch." they say with a groan before summoning a maid to take care of the chair while they take care of the problem between their thighs.

Dong-wook found Dakota on his way to the garden. The two made their way to the garden. "What do you wanna play?" Dong-wook asks shyly, Dakota suggests hide-and-seek. Dong-wook covered his eyes, while Dakota ran off to a hiding place.

Spencer watches from their bedroom window, having gotten rid of the blood-stained clothing they originally worn to be cleaned, they were in just undergarments.

"How is Dong-wook doing?" Adrian asks as he barges into the room.

Spencer's body was tense and frozen in the position they were in before he busted in "He's great." they say "He's playing with Dakota right now." they point out.

"That's great. Also why are you in just some underwear?"

"Cycle started, so I changed into some period boxers and got lazy with putting some clothes on."

Spencer turns around and sees Adrian's confused face "Period boxers?". They explain this new product for those who menstruate, which essentially is underwear that is extra absorbent, and that the one they are wearing is meant to hold three sanitary napkins worth of uterine lining.

"That's actually pretty nice. Did you just buy them?"

"Yeah."

"How much were a pair?"

Spencer wracks their brain as they put on some sweats "So there were six styles, two had four color options, two had two color options, and two had only one. I bought two each of the four color option, and so on and so forth, plus some active wear shorts which they also had. That totals up to about a thousand dollars." they say. Spencer looks at their brother.

"You spent a thousand dollars on period panties?"

"Did I mention it's reusable, and that the average vagina owner will bleed thousand eight hundred dollars on tampons?" Adrian realizes that Spencer made a good point. Who was he to argue with someone that was born with a uterus and vagina when he has a penis? A penis had the urethra which lets out urine and semen. End of story. Those born female like Spencer had a clitoris, urethra for urine, and the vagina that created future generations.

"Anyway, wanna see something crazy?" Spencer asks to change the conversation. Adrian gives them the go ahead, and Spencer pulls out an old photo.

"Oh damn, it's Spencer, but full white and as a cis male." Adrian's statement causes them to cackle. Once the composed themselves, they explain the journal entry that came with the photo. "Well it's starting to explain a lot." Adrian looks at the eighteen-year-old male in the photograph. He wasn't joking, this male in the photograph looked as if someone made Spencer more cis-passing and full white instead of mixed-race. "This shit is freaky." he hands the photo back, Spencer puts it on the nightstand before grimacing.

"This shit hurts." they complained, laying in the bed. Adrian offers to bring some snacks so Spencer felt a little bit better. They agree and he goes downstairs towards the kitchen to fix up some cheese tteokbokki.

On his way to the kitchen, he bumps into Nara. She gets away as quickly as she could in her state while greeting him briskly. Adrian thinks it's strange, but continues on towards the kitchen. His baby was cramping, and it gave him an excuse to pamper them.