30

"YES," SHE SAID, HER smile never faltering," it's written in the contract, you know. Section 4.B. You can't hurt me after the contract is broken by something that you could have prevented."

His wings flapped softly around him and a crimson smile tugged through his mask of flames. He stepped out of the shadows then and everything vanished, leaving only the form of the handsome businessman that he had had before behind.

"You're right," he said amicably," still, do you even want to return to Earth, Jasmina? You clearly belong here, with me."

"You know," she said," that actually doesn't sound so bad."

He smiled then, but before he could speak she interrupted him. "But I have terms."

"You have terms?" he said surprisedly," for me?"

"Yes," she said.

"Why would I even listen to them?" he said.

"For the same reason you started this game to begin with," she said," because you're bored and looking for some entertainment. You asked for a show and I gave you it. The least you could do is listen to my requests."

"Fine," he said," what do you want?"

"I'll join you when I die," she said," but that's only when I die of natural causes, or well, someone who hates me or my family takes me out. You can't be the reason of my demise."

"Done," he said without skipping a beat.

"And I want the sins to become human again."

The devil blinked and she could see he was unsure if he had heard her right. "What?"

"They can go back to being sins after they've led a human life," she shrugged," you won't even miss them. It'll be a hundred years, that's nothing in comparison to an eternity."

"Do tell me," he said," why would I do that? Miss my most important demons for what? So they can have a chance at a normal human life?"

"Yeah," she said," because they deserve way better than whatever they had before."

"Don't tell me you've grown soft, Jasmina," the devil said, an apprehensive note to his voice," you know I prefer the cold-hearted you."

"I haven't," she said," but I can still be cold-hearted and care for them. I've proven that just with this whole plan alone, haven't I?"

The devil paused momentarily, before nodding then.

"Done," he said, although it was a bit reluctant," but only because I want you by my side. There hasn't been anyone in centuries who has sparked my interest like this, Jasmina."

He closed the distance in seconds then, hands cupping her face as he looked at her, breath icy on her skin.

"You have to be mine," he whispered.

"I am mine," she corrected him," but I suppose I can be by your side for the rest of eternity after this. You don't seem that bad."

"I'm the devil," he chuckled," I'm supposed to be bad."

"Sure you are," she said as she grazed her nails across his cheek.