Chapter 8- You can't be innocent forever..

I sat in the hallway on a bench next to the principles office with the detention slip in my hands, I had only ever been in there to collect an award or something. I looked around at the other students sitting with their backs against the wall, I looked out of place. As the line of miss-behaved students moved along, Trouble walked in, his head held high and proud with a detention slit his hand. He cut the line and sat next to me.

"Oh look who came to join me" I mumbled angrily, Still mad about him blaming me for almost burning the school down. He chuckled and waved his detention slip in my face
"I swore at a teacher" I clapped slowly
"Smart one.." He laughed and slipped the sheet of paper into his pocket.
"So you're actually going to detention?" I asked as I slid along the bench. He nodded slowly
"Well I thought, I did land you in detention so I might as-well suck it up and join you. 

I laughed and shook my head,
"I really don't want to talk to you right now" I never made eye contact, a slight chuckle escaped his lips 
"Stop lying to yourself.." He moved his body closer to mine
"What?"
"You keep telling yourself you don't want to talk to me.. but i know you do.." I shook my head, not giving a response.

"I'm just irisitable" He placed his hands behind his head and smirked to himself, I laughed 
"oh yeah, sure thing" I mumbled sarcastically as I reached the end of the line. I stood up slowly and walked to the principles door, He looked up with a surprised look on his face. 
"Destiny..?"
"uh.. yeah.." I sat down slowly.
"You do realise that these are the detention hours..?" I nodded slowly and pushed the little green piece of paper forward.

He picked it up slowly and examined it carefully, skimming his eyes over the hand writing
"This doesn't sound like you at all.." he looked up at me with a little disappointment in his voice,
"I know.." 
"Set fire to the lab during an experiment.. Destiny.." He creased his eyebrows. 
"I don't believe you did this at all.. was the Mrs.Parker delusional?" I laughed slightly and shook my head. 
"who was your lab partner..?" He asked curiously.

"Trouble" 
"Trouble..?"
"the new kid.." He laughed
"His name's trouble?" I pointed out into the door to him
"Oh him.." He cleared his throat
"well.. destiny, I don't believe that you tried to burn the school down for one millisecond!"
"So I don;t have to do detenion?" 
"Unfortunately.. you have to because your teacher sent you here you still have to go.. but because I know you are innocent it wont go on your record.." I nodded slowly before standing up and walking out. 

At lunch, Jess came sprinting to me, almost knocking me over
"IS IT TRUE?!" She spat as she had picked up some gossip in the last class she was in
"Is what true..?" She caught her breath for a second before continuing
"YOU GOT AFTER SCHOOL DETENTION?!" I sighed and looked down
"unfortunately.." she then slapped me multiple times on the shoulder from excitement.
"I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I sat down on one of the tables and opened my juice box.

"I didnt do anything.. it's what HE did that got me in trouble" I pointed to Trouble who was arguing with some guy,
"okay fine, what did HE do that landed YOU in detention?"
"set fire to the side of the lab" she burst out into laughter before going serious
"wait.. you aren't joking.. they actually thought you did that?" I laughed
"well he did hand me the match and then point at me screaming.." she shook head head as I took a little sip from my juice box.  

"See you in detention little miss innocent" Trouble laughed as he literally jumped up and walked along the table, stepping on my juice box and making it squirt up in my face. I sat there with my eyes closed while everyone laughed including Jess. I slowly wiped my eyes and licked my lips.
"Perfect.. just.. perfect"  I couldnt help but laugh a little myself before standing up and cleaning myself off. 

After school I sat at a table in a classroom full of students that had also gotten them self a nice little seat in detention, I stared out the window as I watched people leave the car park one by one. 
"WASSUP!" Trouble yelled as he walked into the room, late, as usual.  
"MARCUS HOW'S IT GOING BUDDY!" He said walking up to the teacher that was running detention,
"That's Mr.Smith to you thank-you very much" Mr smith hissed,
"Marcus.. Mr.Smith, same thing"  Trouble sat himself down in the seat next to mine but I didn't dare make eye contact with the reason I was here. 

"Detention is from 3-4:30 and for those who came late it is from 3:15-5:00, no speaking, no texting, not eating, not drinking no paper aeroplanes, no notes" Mr. smith then walked straight out the room. How was he suppose to supervise students that were in detention if he wasn't even in the room! Everyone began talking loudly, I placed my forehead against the cold table top. 

"It aint that bad little miss innocent.." I looked up to see Trouble staring down at me
"You know, I do have a name.." I mumbled form the corner of my mouth
"I don't care"  He chuckled, scooting closer to me
"so.."
"shh.." I shushed him, I didn't want to get in trouble on my first day of detention. 
"geez... loosen up a little" I shook my head slightly and placed it back onto the table. 

the noise gradually got louder when all of a sudden, it just stopped. there was dead silence. I looked up slowly to see the window open and all the students in detention climbing out. I watched as the all disappeared out the window, Trouble and I were the only two left in the room. 
"You coming?" He said hoping up onto the cabinet next to the window so he could reach it without anyone giving him a boost.
"I think I'll stay here" He laughed and jumped down walking over to me,
"Trust me, You do not want to stay in here.."
"But what if i do?" I scoffed
"Come on, Live a little, loosen up, escape from detention, break free" I shook my head
"I'm staying here and that's final.

He leaned against the wall and folded his arms
"I'm not leaving until you come with me"
"Well I guess you're staying in detention then" He laughed loudly and let out a rather large sigh. 
"Come on.. Everyone knows you aren't suppose to be here" was he trying to be sweet?
"I stick by the rules Trouble, unlike you" He laughed once again
"You've already broken a rule" My eyes widened
"I HAVE NOT!" He pointed to the board that had writing in very large letters saying 'NO SPEAKING' 

I automatically face palmed
"Come on.. just leave, you cant stay here alone" I nodded
"yes I can.." He shrugged and began walking back over to the window, I let out a sigh and pulled a book from my bag, flipping to where I had left off. 

"suit yourself.." He mumbled as he jumped back up onto the cabinet, my eyes skimmed over the pages.
"You know.. You can't be innocent forever"