Chapter Fifteen

"Good morning." Lauren looked up at Ally who was hovering over her with a small plate of food and water. "You should eat this." She held out the plate.

Lauren groaned, her head throbbing more than ever. "Not hungry." She managed the breathe out. Her cheeks turned red when she remembered she was naked under the sheet. She quickly looked down to make sure she was covered completely. "On a scale of 1-10, how much of a hot mess do I look like right now?"

Ally giggled, sitting next to the girl. "Honest?"

"Honest."

"About an 8." She pushed Lauren's messy hair out of her face and laughed. "I'm debating on whether or not I should let you see yourself in a mirror or not."

"That bad?"

"That bad." Ally replied. Her smile decreased when she spoke again. "How are you doing, Lo?"

Lauren's lips pursed. "I'll tell you when I'm actually awake. Can you hand me some clothes?" She smiled when Ally already had them folded on her lap. "Thank you."

Ally left the room as Lauren got dressed. She herself debated whether or not she wanted to look in the mirror too. Lauren could feel the sticky lipstick smeared on her face and god knows what the rest of her face looks like. She shakily made her way into the bathroom and looked up. She was teary eyed when she let out a sad laugh. "I'm a fucking mess." She whispered to herself. Not only was the lipstick smeared, her eye makeup was completely smudged, and her neck was bruised from the rough man's mouth. She ran a brush through her unruly hair and that alone took half an hour. She wiped off her makeup, brushed her teeth, and walked out of the bathroom. She felt horrible, like shit, to be honest. She took a deep breath of courage before walking out into the lounge, fearing judgmental looks from her friends.

"Hey, Lo. Did you eat?" Normani smiled. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. No yelling? No reprimanding?

"Umm," She paused. "No. Not hungry." She continued when she saw Normani nod. "What time is it?"

"Four." She replied simply, noting how Lauren's jaw dropped slightly.

"In the afternoon?" Normani nodded. "What the hell? Why didn't you wake me?"

"We did." She gestured toward Ally.

"I mean earlier."

"You looked like you needed rest." Ally spoke.

"Where's Dinah?" Lauren noticed she wasn't there. Neither was Camila.

Ally glanced at Normani for a split second. "She's with Mila. They went to a concert." Lauren looked at her for more information. She mumbled something.

"What?" Lauren asked. Ally mumbled again. "Ally, I can't hear you when you speak that low."

"They are going to Austin's concert." Normani spoke for Ally. "They're out doing stuff before his show starts." Lauren looked at her, confused. "Alexa told me she mentioned they were talking. I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier. We didn't want to upset you." She looked at Lauren who rolled her eyes. "I'll tell you all you want to know. I know that's best for your recovery. We can't just shelter you from everything. It's not helping, obviously."

"Well, are we going out?" Lauren asked.

Normani and Ally giggled. "Mani and I are going to be watching That's So Raven all night, let's be real." Ally playfully hit Normani on the arm as they sang the theme song. Lauren forced a smile for the sake of her friends, but that wasn't what she was going to be doing on her night off. She walked back to prep for her night out.

-

"How was it?" Dinah asked Camila when she saw the small girl approaching her again. She had just went to go talk to Austin, leaving Dinah to wait.