Chapter Thirteen

"We're going to perform in Vancouver today." Camila breathed. She felt Lauren grasp her hand reassuringly and smiled despite her nervousness. "I can't believe we got this far. We're on Demi Lovato's tour. If you all knew me pre-X-factor, you would understand why I'm freaking out like this. Is this real life?" She looked around to see Lauren was the only one paying attention to her. Typical. Lauren was always paying attention to Camila. She hung onto every word that left her mouth. Camila was captivating, mesmerizing. Everything she said was important to Lauren and it had always been that way. "I got my tour and my girl."

Lauren beamed. "My girl?" Camila nodded. "I like that." This got Normani's attention.

"Well, I like you." Camila whispered

"I like you, too."

Dinah rolled her eyes. "Get a room." She knew that was 'inappropriate' or whatever, especially because of Lauren's situation, but she wasn't used to being serious all the time. It just wasn't who she was. Plus, Lauren didn't seem to mind. She laughed it off, glad to have at least someone joking with her again.

Lauren refused to meet eyes with Normani though despite being able to feel her stare burning holes in her skin. She couldn't bear to see the look of disappointment on her face. She felt like the girls, especially Normani, now saw her as weak. That no matter how hard she tried to be strong, she would break. Lauren couldn't shake the feeling that she thought that about herself, too.

Camila was surprisingly more open about them in front of the girls than she ever was. If only she had been like that months ago.

"Hey!" Camila exclaimed. The girls looked up at her. "Wanna play truth or dare?"

"Mila, don't be lame." Ally chuckled.

"No, no. That sounds fun." Dinah smirked.

"It only sounds fun to you because 1. you like putting people on blast and 2. you like watching people suffer." Lauren replied.

Camila pouted. "C'mon. This is going to be one of the last times we'll even have time to breathe for a while." She smiled as Dinah, Ally, and even Normani agreed. She turned her head to Lauren. "Well?" Lauren shook her head no. "Lauren Michelle."

"Fine." She huffed, joining the girls in a circle between Ally and Normani. "I hate you guys."

"I'll start!" Dinah squealed.

"Shocker." Camila snorted.

"Okay, okay. Normani!" Dinah felt satisfied when she heard Normani groan. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Normani watched as the girls were a little taken aback. "I don't feel the need to tell my deepest secrets while playing a stupid game."

"I dare you to tell us your deepest secret." Dinah laughed. "Okay, okay. For real. I dare you to kiss Ally."

Lauren and Camila let out the loudest laugh when she saw Ally's eyes widen.

"Fine." Normani replied confidently, taking Ally's lips into her own, lingering for a while before retracting. "My turn."

"Oh Lord, please forgive me for my sins." Ally whispered before laughing it off.

"Dinah." Normani smirked. "Truth or dare?"

"Psh, dare." Dinah replied.

"I dare you to... eat this!" Normani squealed, holding up a tube of Camila's lipstick. She smirked when she saw Dinah's face turn to disgust.

"Doesn't Mila have a say in this?" Dinah asked desperately.

"Oh, I don't mind." Camila quirked an eyebrow.