Chapter Ten

Camila woke up on top of Lauren who was sleeping. She looked around the dark room and realized she had slept through the day. Immediately, she got up from the bed, upset. Lauren opened her eyes at the shift to see Camila run to the windows. "I can't believe this."

Lauren rubbed her eyes from the tiredness. "What?" She yawned. "What's wrong?"

"You let me sleep the whole day? Why?" Camila asked, irritated. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because you were tired." Lauren answered simply.

"I'm always tired. You could've just woken me up, I'm used to it." She rolled her eyes. "Now our day is gone."

Lauren's expression remained unchanged. "I'm glad you got to sleep. Do you feel better?"

Camila scoffed, walking back over to the bed. "I feel fine." She looked down at Lauren.

Lauren smiled at the bothered girl. "Come here." She held her arms out. Camila got back onto the bed, laying on her side in front of Lauren. She felt Lauren's warm touch on her hip while she played with the other hand of the arm under her. Camila mumbled angrily and Lauren was amused. "Why are you so grumpy?"

Camila sighed. "I wanted it to be special." She played with Lauren's fingers. "And all I did was cry about our history and sleep." She pouted.

Lauren let out a small chuckle in her ear that made Camila shudder. "I thought it was special. I wouldn't have had it any other way."

Camila strained while looking back at Lauren, "Really? You aren't mad that my planned day turned out like this?"

"There's nothing I love more than having you in my arms. Today was perfect, okay? You're perfect." Lauren's free hand rubbed Camila's abdomen. "I really appreciate what you told me today, too."

Camila groaned at the thought. "I'm so embarrassing. First with the whole liking you thing and then the pity party for me."

Lauren shushed her. "I really appreciated it." She repeated. "You scored major points." She smirked and Camila flipped her body around so that they were facing each other. Their faces were just inches away as Lauren's hand made it's way to her back to pull her in closer. She could sense Camila's apprehension at them being so near each other.

"You make me really nervous." Camila thought aloud. She scolded herself immediately, wishing she'd kept that to herself. She couldn't believe she was actually talking about her feelings right now, when their faces were so close to each other. All it would take was one sudden movement to connect their longing lips yet Camila was discussing her feelings. What has gotten into me?

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "Why do I make you nervous?" She could almost see Camila dismiss the explanation. Before she was able to say 'never mind', Lauren spoke again. "Please tell me."

Camila paused. "Okay." She spoke softly. "I just—...well, you—... When I'm around you, I—..." She sighed in frustration. Lauren brought her wandering hand up to Camila's cheek and stroked it, sending a wave of chills down her spine. "Like that!" Camila exclaimed, glad to have something to help her out. "My whole body shivers under your touch." Lauren pulled her hand back, uncertain of what Camila was getting at.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No!" Camila breathed. "No." She held Lauren's hand in hers. "It's a comforting feeling but... well, I just—it's hard to explain."

"Clearly." Lauren looked down at the exasperated girl.

"It's like..." Camila felt her face flush. "When I see you, my knees go weak. I know that's normal for me because I'm clumsy and all," She saw a smile twitch at Lauren's lips. "but it's more than that. I feel on fire under your touch, my hands tremble when they meet your skin, my thoughts have to scramble to make sense," Lauren watched as Camila got lost in her words, rambling. "and then my palms get all sweaty and that's gross because yours are never sweaty, they're always clean and nice and you always know what to say and I'm a mess and you're so breathtakingly beautiful and I'm just some average girl and—" Camila was cut off by Lauren's soft lips, placing an innocent kiss on the tired girl. Lauren pulled away to finish talking to Camila but was quickly grasped back into the affair. Camila moved closer as the room was filled with silence. Their lips meshed together passionately, savoring every moment. Lauren felt the light brisk of Camila's tongue on her bottom lip just before it made its way into Lauren's mouth. As the kiss got more heated, Camila made her way on top of Lauren, refusing to break the loving kiss. She sat on the top of Lauren's hips and smirked when she felt Lauren's hands make their way to her inner thighs as she gave them a light squeeze. The room was quiet, only the sounds of their bodies shifting on the bed. Camila directed her attention to Lauren's neck, her lips grazing it before diving in to suck on the smooth skin. She trailed kisses down to her collarbone before moving back up to just below Lauren's ear, feeling satisfied with herself as she heard Lauren moan. She moved effortlessly in taking off her own shirt before returning back to Lauren's lips. Lauren's hands explored the hot flesh under her before entangling her hands in Camila's hair. She tugged at Lauren's shirt before trying to take it off.