Time for Asr. He mentally made a list of things to do before Monday which was supposed to be the night for Shab-e-Barat. He wished and prayed he could go home, back to Melbourne where his heart was. But he knew, he cannot leave his best friend here.

Or maybe something else is holding you back?

He shrugged his head off unnecessary talk and walked downstairs where his brothers and Yahyah were patiently waiting. Zul walked out of the kitchen with a grin.

"Mom made Biryani." That was all it took for the boys to yell and rush to the kitchen.

-

After Asr, the boys opted to stay back and help in the cleaning up of the mosque. The people helping out belonged to an Islamic Society of Middleton. The president was the son of the Imaam of the mosque, Raeef. He was a sensible man with soft brown eyes and dark brown hair and an equally pigmented beard. Seeing him, Yazdan felt insecure with his long hair that was pulled in a messy bun.

"So Raeef, how long has this ISM been doing on?" asked Yahyah, taking a seat beside the man. Yazdan followed him and set beside Yahyah.

"A few years now. We got together during the Ramadhan of 2013. I was studying here and a few of us thought it would be a good idea. My sister agreed and soon we were formed. Though we meet rarely, Ramadhan brings us together" he explained and the two boys let out a small smile.

"That is nice."

"You both shifted here recently I take it" said Raeef and the boys nodded.

"My mother and brother are here. For us, we are usually travelling" replied Yahyah and Yazdan nodded to this.

"Ah. Well, even if you guys are. You are most welcome to join us this Ramadhan." Said Raeef and the boys grinned.

"It would be our pleasure"

"Great. We are meeting on Monday afternoon, after Shab-e-barat"

The two boys looked at each other and then nodded at Raeef.

"What time?"

"Probably after Zuhr since it's a public holiday and most of the members would be able to meet" he explained. Again the boys nodded before their talks were directed to the plans and other things.

-

The night of power. Something that Yazdan looked forward to each year. His mother always told them that this was the night they could pray and Allah would rewrite their destinies. And he believed it wholeheartedly.

Allah (S.W.T) has always been there with Yazdan and he felt a great need to be on his religion all the time. If he feels that his Imaan is running low, he would offer two rakaa nafil prayer to renew his faith. He knew his lord, The Almighty, had saved him from so many situations and the biggest one was his own life as a child of merely 3 years old.

So this night was important to him. He wanted to make the most of it. And he planned just to do that.

-

Sunday rolled on and the Rashad house was calm. The twins had left that morning claiming they had work. Everyone was working until Hifzah arrived at their doorstep with pastries.

"Nahal is going crazy with the baking. Lord knows what is wrong with her this time" Hifzah says as she hands Zaiha the containers of pastries. The top one had cupcakes, lavishly decorated and the bottom one had chocolate cake, again lavishly decorated.

"What do you mean?" Zaiha asked, walking inside the house and pulling Hifzah with her.

"Nahal has this tendency to bake when she is stressed or emotional. It usually comes with work. I guess she is stressed over it. Anyway, average people bake a few things when they are stressed. My daughter? Oh no. She doesn't do average. She does the whole bakery thing in the kitchen. In the past, I used to give them all out to the neighbors and sometimes take it to the mosque for prayer sessions." Laughed Hifzah and so did Zaiha.

Yahyah grinned as he walked down the steps, having heard the entire conversation. At least she is stressed over me.

"Mom! Can I have the cupcakes?" he asked her before saying salaam to Hifzah, while Zaiha nodded.

"The pink lid container over the counter" she replied and just then, Yazdan walked in saying his salaams.

"Nahal made cupcakes" said Zaiha and Yazdan nodded before walking into the kitchen where his best friend stood, devouring the cup cakes.

"They are sweet" said Yahyah, noticing Yazdan. The latter nodded before picking up the glass of juice on the counter and chugging it down with satisfaction. Yahyah rolled his eyes at him.

"Pour me a glass, will you" he muttered, biting into his cupcake. He nearly moaned at how good it was. So dearest Nahal bakes. And that too, such amazing pastries.

He looked over to see Yazdan holding a single rose in his hands. He frowned. I don't remember having roses around. Then he realized it had a note. He grinned before stealthily walking towards him and grabbing the rose.

Bad idea.

The next moment, Yazdan's hands were bleeding from the thorn pricks.

-

"Why were you grasping it so hard?" asked Yahyah, washing the blood from his hands. It was just a few drops but Yahyah knew what those few drops meant to Yazdan.

"Nothing. I found it on the porch. It's not much" he replied and Yahyah eyed him suspiciously.

"Tell me the truth" he stated and watched as Yazdan's face flushed. He grinned.

"I knew it! You are hiding something. What is it?"

"It is nothing. I will tell you tomorrow"

"Why tomorrow?"

"Because, In sha Allah, today I would get my answer"

"Huh?" Yazdan hit his head and walked away with the single rose and a note. 

***

As salaam alaikum guys! ❤

How are you all? 

Do give me feedbacks! :) 

| R - C - V |

-aalihha-