9. Got My Mind Set On You

Louise thought being with the boys while they filmed would be too much stress for the baby, and that staying back in Liverpool would do me some good. Although I saw her point, I felt I needed to be around George more than ever.

"Mum, I can't just ship her away from my life, its our child she's carrying." George shook his head.

"All I'm saying is the invitation is always open if you need it. I have no problem with you going filming with the lads, but if things become, overwhelming, call us, alright?" Louise stressed as she paced around Kinfaus in search of something else to clean as she so clearly cleans as a nervous habit.

"Mum," George stopped her gently, looking deep into her eyes in hopes of appealing to her senses.

"We'll be alright." He sent a small grin as he saw her shoulders relax.

"Oh she knows Geo, she's just nervous and excited. She's barely slept a wink since she's heard the news." Harold laughed from the couch.

"Maybe she does have a point." I gnawed on my lip nervously, seeing George look over to me as if I were insane.

"I can't take care of you in Liverpool. Poppy, I can't bare one day without ye', let alone nine months of pregnancy." He looked distraught as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Well I don't want to be apart either, but we're also talking about pregnancy George, a real baby, our baby." I put my hands on my stomach, his expression softening as his eyes followed my hands.

"Give us time to think about it, yeah mum?" George asked, his mother nodded understandingly.

"Well there isn't much time, we're supposed to leave for the magical mystery tour tomorrow." I ran my hand over my mouth nervously, looking up to see George's expression mirrored mine.

I knew George didn't seem to keen on going himself and if I were to leave to Liverpool, it might drive him even further off the edge. At the same time I couldn't bare putting more stress on the baby than I already had, this had been anything but smooth sailing so far. I even felt Liverpool might remind me of the good times with Brian, and make it easier for me to get through the nine months where Brian raised me.

"I'm going to go lay down." I sighed after a long silence settled over the room.

I slowly trudged to the bedroom, immediately curling up in a ball on the bed, unable to close my eyes as I thought about everything that was happening so quickly.

"Poppy." I heard a light knock t the door.

"George I-" He began.

"Look I know, all of this is so much," he sucked in a deep breath sitting down at the foot of the bed, "call me selfish love, but I'm not sure what I'll do without you there." He sighed out, running his hands over his face.

I sat up and scooted beside him quietly, putting my head on his shoulder and intertwining our hands, knowing well separating from each other would start up a whole new set of problems, especially Beatle-wise. We needed each other now more than ever, I couldn't find it in me to pack it all up and go back to Liverpool, even though I missed Brian so terribly.

"We better get packing then." I sighed with a smile, George letting out a chuckle.
_____________________

Everything leading up to our departure for the boys' filming was a complete haze.

"You look lovely this morning Penelope, new hairstyle?" John grinned up from his magazine as George and I boarded the coach bus.

I smiled, giving him a fake laugh then the middle finger for being a git. I had on my most comfortable clothing and thrown my hair messily into a ponytail this early in the morning, too tired to even bother to make myself look decent.

"Feisty one this morning." John closed up the magazine intrigued.

"Pregnancy hor-" Ringo began from the other side of the aisle.

"I dare you to finish that sentence Starkey." I grunted as maneuvered my way to the back of the bus where the rest of the girls were, taking a peak at all the empty seats that were very shortly to be filled with extras of all kinds.

"Poppy." Cynthia cried out fondly.

"There's our favourite soon to be mummy." Jane grinned widely.

"What about favourite soon be be father?" George sounded offended from behind me as he let out a playful scoff.

"Oh you too ye' big softie." Cynthia laughed at George.

All of us except Maureen laughed, who simply shot me a small grin as I looked over to her. It was odd, causing me to freeze for a moment in confusion, she was often so cheery and bright.

Although, she had just had her second child only last month and this trip would be her first away from him, so it seemed understandable that she seem slightly uneasy.

"I'll be just up at the front if you need me love." George whispered into my ear after settling my bags down underneath the seat for me.

"Play nice." I smiled teasingly back to him, seeing him sigh out, putting on a large smile before turning to join the boys.

I giggled and sat down beside Cyn, seeing her look back at me with a nervous expression, causing me to shoot her a questioning smile.

She was about to open her mouth to speak when we heard someone come on to the coach speaker.

"Hello hello. I'm Paul McCartney," the extras that had just found their way on the buses cheered immediately with glee, "Over there is John, and Ringo and George, come on stand up." Paul introduced the boys causing even more applause to erupt.

"On behalf of the four of us, we'd all just like to say thank you very much and all tha'," there cane a few awes from the crowd that made Paul scrunch his nose playfully.

"Don't get all soft on me already. The magical mystery tour has only just begun." Paul spoke theatrically, causing me to smile and shake my head.

"Let's hope this goes smoothly, yeah?" I laughed looking over to Cynthia, who's smile faltered slightly before widening.

"Oh yeah, although you never know with those four." She laughed, biting at her fingernail.

"Suppose you're right." I laughed, although my smile quickly subsided as I became overwhelmed with a paranoid feeling. I really hoped I would be able to handle this, if I couldn't, I'm not sure what would come of me staying back in Liverpool.