•serendipitous•

Zacznij od początku

"Do you want me to pull you up?" Aren offered, gesturing her to hold on his hand.

Replying with a curt nod, she placed her smaller palm over his as the dark-purple haired male's calloused ones gripped her hand tightly before pulling her out of the water.

Upon leaving the pool, (Y/N) took a few steps towards where Kusuo and others were. However, Aren's knuckles brushing on her arm caught the (h/c) haired girl's attention. Her (e/c) orbs blinked owlishly at him before realizing the towel in his grip.

"Your hair is dripping."

Mumbling out a small 'thank you' she took the material from his hand before using it to dry her completely drenched hair. Their pair then proceeded to the cottage, their presence greeted by Mera eating with burning passion, Kusuo taking a cold drink, and Saiko giving Hairo an apathetic stare as it seemed they were having a one-sided conversation.

"Where's Teruhashi-san and Yumehara-san?" Aren questioned, spotting the two females out of their sight.

"On the banana boats, chatting amongst themselves." Saiko replied shortly to which Aren replied with a low hum. "Eat all you want, peasants. It seems like you need them more than I do." The silver haired male added, motioning to the exquisite cuisine plated right in front of them.

Hearing so, the delinquent felt his eyebrows twitching from infuriation, on the verge of hitting the conceited male with his fist as his patience was pushed to the limit in an instant. However, he was reminded that Saiko Metori was the sole reason why their group excursion came to be. With that fact in mind, he resulted to hesitantly taking a plate and begrudgingly taking a fair amount of food.

Kusuo, who was nothing but a bystander to the short dialogue, remained nonchalantly sipping on his refreshing beverage. Noticing a presence just in front of him, he mentally breathed out a sigh before raising his head up to meet (e/c) eyes staring back at his magenta ones.

Whereas he cocked an eyebrow at the girl, (Y/N) flashed him a smile before taking a seat right beside him. The young psychic didn't mind. She wasn't the type to start a conversation after all, resulting a comfortable silence consumed the both of them at the time.

Watching the (h/c) haired girl quietly eating her own share of food from his peripheral vision, the drink he was having had completely run out. Detaching the straw away from his lips, the pink-haired male placed the empty glass on the table before turning his head to face (Y/N).

As she had realized Kusuo was staring at her, she gave him a glance, humming in question just before she was about to take a bite of her food.

Pointing a finger at the treat in hand, Kusuo stated. "Give me a bite."

The girl seemed hesitant at first, her eyebrows scrunching up as her lips curled down to form a frown, but decided to relinquish before moving a stick of barbeque right in front of the strawberry-haired boy's lips. Without any qualms, Kusuo grabbed her hand, pulling her closer so he could bring the meat to his mouth.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" As (Y/N) threw him an inquisitive stare, Kusuo realized his somehow foolish actions as what he would label it. Slowly, he released his hold on (Y/N)'s hand after coming to his senses.

What am I doing? He questioned himself, as he slowly chewed on the tender meat of the barbeque.

"You really seem to be enjoying the barbeque." (Y/N) commented as a small grin made its way to her lips, resting her arm on her knee as she perched her cheek on her palm. The statement made Kusuo mentally sigh for mistaking that the obtuse girl was referring to their earlier interaction. She was referring to the barbeque this all time. "Just so you know, I dropped that stick of barbeque just a while ago."