THIRTY-TWO

"YOU KNOW, WE USUALLY WORK AS A TEAM AROUND HERE," said Natasha, scowling at the determined woman

"YOU KNOW, WE USUALLY WORK AS A TEAM AROUND HERE," said Natasha, scowling at the determined woman. "And between you and I, we're a little fragile."

"We realize out there is more of your territory, but this is our fight too," Steve added.

Carol ignored them. Rhodey sighed, "Do you even know where he is?"

"I know people who might," she retorted.

"Don't bother."

Nadia glanced to the corner of the room, where Nebula stood. "I can tell you where Thanos is." Her metallic voice echoed off of the silent walls as she spoke. "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. When he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'Where would we go once his plan was complete?' His answer was always the same: to the Garden."

Rhodey snorted. "That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan."

"So where is he then?" Steve demanded, hands poised on his hips.

Rocket, the raccoon, typed away on the computer, pulling up a map of an unknown planet. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions," he explained, his tiny finger tapping the screen, "No one's ever seen anything like it... until two days ago." The hologram got larger, and an explosion transversed on its surface.

"Thanos is there."

The colors from the hologram reflected in Nadia's eyes; she glanced up. "He used the stones again."

Carol's determined look returned and she began to stalk off again. "Hey, hey, we'd still be going in short-handed, you know," Bruce interjected. Rhodey nodded in agreement. "He still has the stones."

"So let's get them," the blonde woman said simply, "We'll use them to bring everyone back." Nadia's glazed over eyes disappeared, and she stood a little straighter. "Just like that?"

Steve relaxed his shoulders, saying just as determinedly. "Just like that."

Something about the situation seemed too good to be true. Weeks ago, she had lost everything, and life seemed like it could never go on, and now it was possible to get all that back?

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this, I mean... We owe everyone who's not in this room to try," Natasha said solemnly. Nadia's hand clasped tighter around the watch in her palm.

"If we do this," Bruce slowly enunciated, "How do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?"

"Because before, you didn't have me."

Rhodey, obviously not a fan of the newest Captain in the room, narrowed his eyes. "Okay, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And, if you don't mind my asking, where have you been all this time?" Carol looked unamused. "There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."