Chapter Twenty-seven: Parties and Champagne

Dedicated to:
poppingpalmtrees

~*~*~*~*~

That night, the X-Force finally set everything they needed. Chenle created bullets and smoke grenades as many as he could with the help of Jisung, while Jeno and Jaemin made sure the guns contain enough ammo in case of emergency. Renjun made sure his devices were working alright. Lastly, Mark and Haechan rediscussed the flow of their mission to make sure nothing will go wrong.

It was around seven in the evening when they wore their disguises that don't seem to be disguises. The clothings showed more of their elegant and sophisticated side, would likely to be the reason why they were awestruck by how Koeun turned out.

"Wow." Jaemin blurted out as most of them were jaw-dropped when Koeun stepped out of her room.

"Is that really you?" Chenle gasped unbelievingly.

Koeun wasn't fond of wearing gowns but she didn't have a choice. Now, she was wearing an off-the-shoulder red gown with a sweetheart neckline, embedded with little, red crystals and glitters. It clung tight to her body except from the knees down to the rest. It also had a slit that reveals her left leg. For her hair, she curled it and pinned it up into a messy yet classy bun, with few strands dangling at the side of her face. To finish it off, she wore matching red heels, classy purse, and make up.

"Do I really look that different?" Koeun asked them.

"You're basically not the usual Koeun that I know of." Renjun replied with a smile. "You look beautiful."

Koeun smiled back. "Thank you. All of you look nice as well."

The boys, on the other hand, wore black suits; some of them added ties, the others left a few buttons undone. Either way, they looked great in those suits.

Elegant gowns, dashing suits– sounds much more of a formal event than being on a mission, but that's the point here. Their mission isn't one of their regular ones.

A quarter before eight in the evening, Koeun found herself walking along the fancy hallway, her heels clacking against the smooth floor, with four of the boys walking alongside of her, making her look like she's an important person for this event. Finally, she saw the double doors being opened by guards, causing her to feel nervous.

Here goes nothing.

When they arrived in front of the entrance, her breath softly hitched as she gazed at the scene in front of her. Stepping inside along with the boys, Koeun got to see more about the place. The room with bright walls was very spacious yet it was filled with people in dashing suits and glamorous gowns. Tall, corinthian pillars surrounded the sides of this Greek-themed room and a huge, glass chandelier hung in the middle.

Koeun couldn't help but to feel more nervous knowing that this is happening. It is happening.

"Alright, everyone," They heard Renjun spoke through their earpieces as they admired their surroundings. As usual, he was assigned to stay in the van since he can't do his hacking inside the building. "now, that you're in, let's check if those earpieces are working properly."

"Copy." Jeno was the first one to reply among Koeun's unit, trying not make it look suspicious.

"Aye, Renjun." Jaemin replied next to him.

"Copy that." Haechan said.

"All good, Renjun." Koeun spoke as she breathed out.

"It's working fine, Renjun." Mark decided to butt in a question after. "How about the others?"