Chapter 28. Demons

The killer stood right in front of me—bloody hair dripping over dark eyes, pale skin, red lips, and a handsome face. Beneath us was Procyon's dying body. Her yellow hair, now scattered like sa shattered haystack, lies on the ground as her blood begins flowing from her nose and mouth.   

My jaw dropped suddenly in shock. My chest doesn't know which one to put first: the anger and panic over Procyon's murder or the sadness that slowly pierces my chest for what happened eventually.  

Procyon was the most endearing pillar I knew. She served as my sister in the organization. Guided, protected and supported in my every attempt to be a fully crowned breed. 

On the other side of the story, there stood Roan next to Procyon's body. His face splattered with liquid crimson, the tips of his hair dripping dews of sweat and guilt, and his steady murderer hand held a khanda sword—a double-edged straight Indian sword. One of the deadliest swords ever wielded. He breathed in the air as it slowly lowered his eyes at me. 

The rich tears began to drip down my eyes as my shaking knees dropped. I tried to pronounce Procyon's name, nothing came out of my mouth but a hoarse and sickly sob. I held the woman's hand, it's already cold. 

The saliva, sweat, and tears came out due to my intense moaning. With my chest tight, I clenched the body of one of my favorite pillars and embrace it. Like a little girl who lost his mother in the middle of a war without a promise of safety and does not know who to trust.  

I knew, right at this moment, with all these tears and rumbles in my chest, Procyon really meant to me. Most people do, they realize how something means to them when it brings them to tears.

My body deflected Procyon's helpless gaze as the thoughts returned to me. I was surprised. So close. My moan of agony grew louder.

"Kiera!" I heard Roen called my name. 

That voice cut my state of agony. My emotions, like rains trying to calm the waves of the ocean, suddenly turned into a strong wind that rages the ocean. My angry eyes quickly glanced at his. 

I wanted to kill him.

Gradually, I again fall next to her body. My heart beats fast. I could feel every blood flow in my veins. But now I don't feel the sensation I always dreaded when the takeover occur - it would completely consume my body's strength until I lost my mind. 

Hindi ko naramdaman iyon. Bagkus ay tila mas kalmado ang puso at diwa ko, pero ramdam ko ang pagpulupot ng enerhiya ng persona sa bawat hibla ng kalamnan ko. I no longer feel pain. My energy and power, doubles. 

"I'm not going to fight you, Kiera. Not when you're on a takeover! Control yourself!" Roen warned that as he withdraws a few meters from me. 

"I am no longer the dark demon who steals the killing moment for Kiera, Roen. I am Kiera. Bind with the demon and I am in full control of my body, my strength, and my power."

"I know. That only happens after a hybrid transformation. You've been through it. I know everything about it, Kiera. I have lived decades just to document everything about us!" 

"How can you even utter the 'us' when you have killed one of my friends?" 

Hindi ito sumagot. Mas humigpit ang hawak nito sa khanda sword. Napalunok ito habang nagmamatiyag saakin. Fear started to bear in his evil eyes. A flicker of confusion peered through. 

"Why did you kill her? Why did you kill her?" Pag-uulit ko. Dahan-dahan, tumayo ako mula sa nakahandusay na katawan ni Proscyon habang mabilis na nahapuhap ng mga palad ko ang dalawang punyal.