Chapter 7.

It's been a week.

A whole week since Devon asked Jason for help. Has something changed?

Not really. Except that the alpha now let the omega roam freely around the large house. Devon was more careful when it came to the omega now, he didn't want another accident like this to happen again. The alpha had explained to him that there was no way that he could let him go like this since he payed large amount of money, but the least he could do was let him roam the house and explore, spend some more time in the library to kill time while Devon was patrolling around the city like a dog, trying to get some news on his brother's situation.

When it came to Leo's imprisonment, Devon had fucked up royally, the guilt was eating him from inside. 

He had thought that he had caught the right guy. Leo was cocky, he was manipulative – Devon had every reason to think that his brother would be capable to do this, imagine his surprise when he found out that he wasn't the one who has been killing the omegas left and right. 

Devon also had made major damage to his brother since it was all over the news. The alpha thought that this would be gone in two or three days but it's been too long and the news were still on every TV channel.

What could the alpha do?Until a proper evidence was found Leo was going to stay at the police station and wait. The killer hasn't striked since then which was weird.

Devon didn't put much thought to it. But he should've. 

Back at his office, the usually clean desk was now covered in papers, folders of more papers. It was a disaster.

He was lost in thoughts, so many thoughts. The day Jason tried to commit suicide was the day Devon had a conversation with his closest friend Emilia who had barged into his office, holding something in her delicate hand.

" Jenkins called me when I was on my way to meet you. I made a quick stop at the LAPD and this is the evidence that your brother is innocent. " she spoke and threw the bag onto the desk. Devon quirked an eyebrow, a little skeptical.

"What is this? "

The blonde alpha crossed her arms against her chest, tilting her head to the side, exposing her delicate neck.

"See yourself. "

The alpha didn't waste time in exploring. He pulled out a CD disk from the bag and put it into his computer slot. There was a single video of a nearby surveillance camera behind the building where the auction was going on.

He saw a dark figure, hoodie covering their face, they got into the building from the back entrance. Something white caught his attention in one of their hands.

The white small card he had found over the dead girl's body.

Challenging him. 

"This isn't your brother. It was hard to find a witness for your brother's aliby but the cops did and he wasn't there when the murder happened. " Emilia spoke in a slow voice. Something wasn't right. How come such an experienced police department couldn't find a witness or anything to prove Leo's aliby?  Leo had been saying over and over that he was in the woods, simply walking around. Emilia had explained further that the police found a hitchiker who saw a man who looked exactly like Leo to raom around. The time of the murder and the time of the younger alpha matched so it was not possible for Leo to be at two places in the same time. 

"What about the DNA from my brother's hair under the victim's nails?" Devon asked, looking up at the blonde female. Her face dropped down as she sighed softly, sitting on one of the chairs in front of Devon's desk.