Chapter 3: Farewell [LAST]

Disclaimer: I own none of the Inuyasha characters.

Chapter 3 : Farewell [Last Chapter]

Rin followed her Lord down the long dirt road. The forest that they were now in was quiet and very very dark since the trees kept any moon light from shining through. It took her awhile to adjust, so she had to focus on the sounds of Sesshomaru's footsteps to lead her.

As she thought about her recent time with her Lord she definitely couldn't of asked for a better day. She walked through a field of flowers with him. She even got to relax by him while enjoying the river, and watching the sun go down. While the quiet may of annoyed anyone else, it only made Rin happier.

She could tell that with the soft eyes he gave her and the quiet atmosphere, he had been relaxed. Rin liked to think that she did make this demon before her happy. After everything he had done for her she wasn't sure how she would every repay him. Certainly little flowers and smiles wouldn't be enough.

He never asked for anything in return, and for that she was grateful for she had nothing to give besides her undying trust and devotion. Of course what else can one give to the being that gave her back her life.

She hadn't even realized that is what happened the day she was killed by wolves, edleast not until Jaken told her. Her only memories were of waking up, and thinking she must of been in heaven. She was almost certain she was being held in the arm of an angel, the angel she found in the forest. Her first and only thought after that was to of course follow the beautiful being. From then on that is what she did.

Even after she saw just how deadly he could be, even after she saw his temper reak havoc on poor Jaken. Even after she saw him in his truest form, and even after she saw all the proof of the demon he really was. She still only saw him as an angel. A beautiful creature that had rescued her time and time again, and took her away from the life of poverty and abuse that she received from the villagers that supposedly felt sorry for her over the death of her family.

She heard Sesshomaru's footsteps come to a halt, and she stopped hers as well. Looking over his leg she saw that the forest had ended at a small clearing, and beyond the clearing was a village. Rin took to Sesshomaru's side and wondered what they were doing there, until suddenly she realized that it was the village where Inuyasha lived. She smiled, it was the village where Kohaku lived as well along with his sister and the monk.

"Why are we here my Lord?" she asked. This time she decided it was best not to ask again, for he gave her the same first response the last time she asked him a question on their destination. The answer of course, being that he gave no response at all. She hurried to his side as she saw him walk toward the village.

"I wonder how Kohaku is doing, do you think I could go see him Lord Sesshomaru". He answered her with a simple, "Not now," and it left Rin a bit disappointed. It was not the fact that she couldn't go see her friend, it was the way Sesshomaru said the answer. He didn't look down at her or anything, she barely heard him at all thanks to the quiet night. He almost seemed upset.

It was just like earlier that day when she felt like he was trying to avoid her, instead of simply ignoring her. To Rin the avoiding part was far more devastating.

Sesshomaru picked up the scent of the old priestess, annoyed with the fact that Rin would leave sooner then he thought. He stopped as he looked toward a lonely tree. Beyond that tree was the path that led to the village, to Rin's future. "Couldn't wait huh," was all he said, as Kaede stepped from behind the tree with her bow staff in one hand, and her other behind her back.

Sesshomaru gave her a sharp glare, did this woman intend to attack him if he didn't hand Rin over willingly. He was surprised of her stupidity, not even a purified arrow could pierce him. What made her think her simple weak ones combined with her own weak strength could ever hope to harm him.