Mean!Toko x Reader

tw;; abusive tendencies (IM NOT ROMANTICIZING ABUSE)

"O-Out of my way, (Y-Y/N)," Toko shoves you into the wall and continues to walk past you.

"T-Toko..." your face darkens with disappointment. She told you she would change. She told you it would get better.

Toko stops, turns around, and glares at me.

"W-What is it?" she snaps. You try your best not to cry.

"W-Why are you still acting this way..? You told me you would change," you trip over your words while also trying to find the right ones. "You told me you would try-"

"I-I don't care about that," she interjects. "S-Shut up."

"W-Why'd I ever get t-together with you... so a-annoying..." Toko mutters to herself as she starts to walk away. A tear runs down your cheek.

Did she... really mean that? you begin to question yourself. No, she wouldn't. She's impulsive. She just says this stuff when she's mad, right..? Right?!

"T-Toko..." you whisper. You'd intended for her to hear you, but at the same time, you didn't. You just couldn't believe she had lied to you again. You guessed that's what you got for trusting her.

You impatiently wait for Toko to get home. You needed to talk to her about her anger issues. It was getting too much for you to handle.

Suddenly the front door opens and in comes Toko. She looks at you in disgust.

"E-Ew, y-you're still here?" she says rudely, closing the door behind her. "N-Nice, (Y-Y/N)... A-Always g-gotta ruin m-my day..."

Without thinking, you go up to her in an attempt to hug her. She was your girlfriend, after all.

"(Y-Y/N)! G-Get o-off of me!" Toko shrieks, throwing you against the wall. You sigh.

"P-Please... what happened to you..?" you cry. "I-I trusted you.. and you're messing this up all over again. What happened to you, Toko? What happened to us?"

"S-Stop thinking a-about the past. T-That's a-all you talk about. 'T-Toko this, Toko t-that.' Y-You never stop c-complaining a-about me," she replies, coldly staring at you.

"I never stop complaining about you because I'm trying to help you.." your voice trails off as your head hangs low. "I love you, and I would never purposely try to hurt you, Toko."

"Y-You know, I-I actually loved you so much w-when we first met, (Y-Y/N), b-but now you're j-just g-getting whiny and boring. Y-You should really t-toughen up."

And with that, she walks upstairs, probably not taking into account how hurtful those words were to you.

By then you were on the floor, sitting there with tears all over your face.

You knew Toko didn't mean what she said.

You knew it.

But she just made it so hard to believe.

"I-I'm never good enough!" you hear a loud and frustrated scream come from the top floor, as well as a thud. You instantly become concerned, as you thought maybe Toko was angry and breaking things again.

You take it as your responsibility to go check up on her in case something had happened, regardless of everything she'd done and said that hurt you so bad.

You didn't care if she wanted somebody checking up on her or not, because you did it either way.

Climbing the stairs and entering Toko's room quietly, you see the sight of what seemed to be her sitting on her bed with her back turned to you.

"H-Hey, Toko.. you okay?" you ask softly.

"W-What is it?" she snaps at you.

"We.. we need to talk..." you say, walking over and sitting next to her. You were nervous; you didn't want her to blow up at whatever you were going to say.

"Let me go first," Toko says, with her head still hung. "I.. I.."

"T-Toko, you can tell me anything, you know-" you start, but she interrupts you.

"L-Let me finish! I-I was g-gonna say... I-I..."

She seemed to have paused for a few seconds.

"I-I love you."

You were shocked. It was almost like—you were hearing a baby saying its first words.

After a few seconds of sitting there, still trying to process the miracle of a situation, a smile creeps up on your face.

"I.. I knew it," you start to break out into laughter. "I knew you didn't mean any of that. Right, Toko? I knew you loved me all along, you just.. you just didn't know how to express it."

She smiles and nods.

"I-I'm sorry," she apologizes. "I-It's my fault t-this whole relationship c-could have fallen apart. I-I promise. I-I'll change, I-I'm not p-playing you t-this time. A-And to prove it..."

She pins you onto the bed so that she was on top of you. You couldn't do much, but you felt your cheeks heat up before bursting into laughter.

"You'll have to prove it to me more, then," you smirk.

5/29/19
reedited; 7/14/21

I CANT TAKE THE WORD SMIRK SEIROUSLY IM SORRY