Fifteen

15. Revelation
Hazel Michelson

"He took it, it must've been the first thing he went for" I was upset that I received a two hour lecture and the main thing I wanted wasn't even there. The journal of Annabel.

"One's missing" I mumbled.

Books were scattered across Cole's room as we went through the box. I was determined to know what the hell was going on. I'm so glad I had Cole delivered it to Ava because dad was furious trying to retrieve them.

"I'm calling Tyler" I mumbled as I took out my phone.

"Speaking of Tyler his name is in this journal, it must've been passed down" Cole said, "Wait are these stories or things that actually happened?"

"I'm assuming that they're daily entries" I closed the one I was reading since the journal he had seemed to be the one with all the juice. I went beside him watching him point from where I should read from.

I refused to risk it all. I could use the money being offered but the punishment that would follow would not be worth it. Although I heard it was a myth there's a chance of it not being. If mythical creatures and supernatural beings can roam this place who am I question this punishment? Tyler Hayes seemed undeserving of what has happened to him. He's an handsome devil very charming with his words. I almost got lured in but again, I just refused to risk it all.

Cole and I exchanged a glance.

"Nah, this shit is made up" He laughed, "Supernatural beings doesn't exist what the fuck!" He exclaimed

"We need to be open minded here, do you think Tyler might be..." I trailed off, I didn't want to admit it to myself either.

It would make sense, first the crazy look alike then now his name is being mentioned in a journal from the early 1900s. It could all be a coincident but could it be not? I still haven't even asked him about the night at Pete's or the other weird stuff I've seen. I feared the possibility of sounding crazy if I confronted him about this. I could ruin my chances with the one guy I've ever crushed on.

"Fuck it I don't know what to believe. I guess my Dad was right, these people are far more than weird. They are crazy but I'm still curious to know what's in the book Dad took though and I will find it."

"Probably filled with more made up shit" Cole scoffed as he got up. "Weren't you about to call Tyler?"

"Yea but before I do I need to ask you something" I said as calmly as possible. He shook his head giving me the go ahead to let it out.

"Why on earth would you bail on me for the founders day ball. That's so unlike you!" He looked at me puzzled for a bit almost as if he was trying to recollect his memory.

"It's nice to change things up a bit. Why don't you go with Tyler" He suggested.

"Okay now you're just being weird. Are you hearing yourself. The selfish Cole I know would never be okay with me going with Tyler of all people"

"People are capable of changing Hazel. Go with him I insist" I was looking at him waiting to hear the 'sike nah I'm just playing' but he left me there.

"Did you finally warm up to him because I remember him saying he wanted to ask you something about lacrosse. How did that conversation go?"

"Honestly I don't know. He just asked if it's too late for tryouts. I don't remember anything else after that. I'm trying to but I just can't" He expressed

I understood that feeling more than anything and it was beyond frustrating. It reminds of how I still can't recall part of the night I spent with Tyler and his family.

"Why do you need to call him anyway?" He asked with a slight tone of annoyance. I know he wasn't cool with him so him insisting I attend the ball with Tyler instead of him will forever puzzle me.

"We were supposed to hang out." I said before putting the phone to ears.

"Wait look at this" Cole was yet again in another journal. "It's a sketch of your necklace"

"Yea, it was passed down" I mumbled listening to the phone ring.

"Well apparently it's not just a regular necklace" His eyes were going right to left so fast I could easily tell he picked up something interesting.

"Well...fill me in you're making me anxious" I said hanging up the phone since he was taking way too long to answer.

"Are you sure this isn't made up, like were your people into creative writing?"

"For the last time, these are personal journal" I was just couple seconds away from grabbing the journal from him to read it my damn self.

"Apparently when activated its protects you from the day and night walkers powers. You also cannot be killed by one once you're wearing it and can't be manipulated" He said, "so if that isn't fake make sense of it now and let me hear"

I stared at him blankly, what on earth are day and night walkers?

"What?" I finally said.

"Exactly, no wonder your dad didn't want you reading these bunch of mumbo jumbo"

"Does it say anything about how exactly it's activated?" I pressed which only made him roll his eyes

"I'm not reading anymore of this crap" he said tossing the book aside. I shook my head hurrying over to the book picking it up.

"What are your thoughts on Ava's open relationship?" He asked in an attempt to start another conversation.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I mumbled as I tried to maintain focus on finding what I'm searching for.

"Adam told me, and I know that you know" I wasn't in the mood to be having this girl talk with him. " I think it's literally going to blow up in there faces but no one ever listens to when I talk"

"I think I found something" I muttered to myself since Cole was expressing how much of bad idea Ava, Adam and her man are making.

I should call Tyler one more time, maybe he'll be more useful.

Next chapter will be longer. Brace yourself for the juice.