15

Yunho spun to face his captain. "But you said she was safe in our hometown! You told me my sister was safe!"

Hongjoong winced at the harshness of his friends' tone. Before he could reply, Seonghwa cut them off, "What do you mean? He has her prisoner?"

"Yes. I had made the mistake of looting one of his ships. But he figured out who I was and kidnapped Katrina. He was supposed to return her to me when we handed over your sister..." Hongjoong bowed his head, clenching his jaw.

Seonghwa and Yeosang turned to each other, whispering to each other.

Yunho refused to look at his captain.

"Come back to the palace. We will grant you immunity and come up with a way to get both of our family members back." Seonghwa said. "I give you my word." Yeosang nodded behind him.

"Very well. We will be there in a few days." Hongjoong said, bowing again.

When the other two vanished from the mirror, Yunho wrapped the cloth around his again and stormed out of the room, ignoring the light sobs he heard coming from behind him.

---

When they stopped again for the night, San made his way over to the other carriage. He didn't like what he saw. His lip rose in a snarl when he saw Kita nestled into Wooyoung's lap and his arms were wrapped around her. Both were sleeping.

San reached in and grabbed Kita's wrist, yanking her out of the performer's grasp. She cried out in pain as she practically fell out of the carriage, struggling to find her footing as he dragged her behind him.

He heard Wooyoung calling behind him, but he took he free hand and pointed harshly at one of the tents.

As soon as he entered his tent, he threw the princess on the ground in front of him. "How DARE you disrespect me like that!" He brought his hand up and struck her, causing her to yelp. She cupped her face and started to back away from him. "Just because I give you a little freedom, DOES NOT mean you can go whoring yourself out to anyone. I don't' care WHO THEY ARE!"

"I-I'm s-sorry, San." She cowered under him as he rose his hand again. "It's j-just something we've a-always done."

San bent down and grabbed her wrist. "It. Ends. Now." He dragged her to his bed. "Stay there. If you move from this spot AT ALL, you will be sorry."

He turned and stormed out of the tent and into Wooyoung's. The performer had a worried look on his face that changed to fear when he saw the look on San's.

San could feel the heat radiating off his own skin as he stepped forward and yanked Wooyoung's head back by his hair. "What did you think you were doing, holding my future wife like that? Did you really think I would be ok with that?" He hissed.

"Please forgive me, San. It just happened..." Wooyoung said, trying to keep his voice steady.

"You both are pathetic." San took his other hand and grabbed the performer's arm, holding on tight, and letting his fire flow through his veins.

Wooyoung's scream echoed through the entire camp as San burned him.

"No princess to heal that." San growled, throwing the boy to the ground and leaving him there, cradling his seared arm.

When he returned to his tent, he was pleased to see Kita still sitting on the makeshift bed on the floor. "Good girl," he said as he stalked over to her.

"What did you do to him?" She asked, staring him down.

"None of your concern. Now, what should I do to you? You must be taught a lesson, no?" His let his eyes travel up and down her body, savoring the shiver that ran through her. His gut flipped, and he felt the animal inside him clawing at him for a release.