Unravelling Emotions

"Oi" Ayato crashes through into the dinning hall much to Reiji annoyance. The rest of his brothers were already seated at the table, food already on the table.

"For the last time Ayato, close the door behind you" Reiji doesn't even bother to list off the various other etiquette Ayato just broke, he had lived with him long enough to figure out his brother lacked the capacity to follow even the simplest rules. 

Ayato ignores  Reiji words all together "Oi have you seen pancake?"

The table is silent, Reiji can not help but sigh before pushing up his glasses. It seems interrupted meals have been becoming common placed since those two mortals have arrived. The two girls have been more trouble then their worth, and Reiji will not let that pass anymore. He had thought he had already taught a lesson to them but it appears to have been mistaken. It seems he would to to re inform of the rules and regulations.

"Haven't seen bitch-chan since lunch" Laito muses thoughtlessly before placing a small piece of steak in his mouth. 

Kanato stares at his food absently clutching his teddy against his chest "I saw her and the idol talking"

Ayato eyes narrowed dangerously at his brother " You didn't bother to mention this to yours truly?" 

Laito let out a slow chuckle at his words. Kanato just frown in response his grip on his teddy tightening "Why would I?" 

"Yeah Ayato should should care for your prey better" Laito drawls

"She in fact in both yours and Laito class, if anything you hold more responsibility then the rest of us" Reiji finishes. It's no secret that Ayato has placed dibs on Yui though most of their brothers chose to ignore it when hungry or otherwise annoyed. Humans for the Sakamaki were a means to an end, just another blood bank, sharing a human was simply like drinking from the same wine bottle (all having their own glass of course). However Ayato always had a need to label his property, for no one else to touch and that applied to humans as well, meaning digging any fangs into "his" prey, something akin invoked territorial instincts. In short dealing with Ayato as hard as pulling a fang out a vampire leading most of his brothers to avoid the situation all together (namely Shuu,Reiji and Subaru). Laito and Kanato on the other hand have no qualms taking or stealing their brothers stuff.

Ayato let out a growl,

"In any case, both the Komori's have disappeared in a short span of time. They must be taking us lightly" Reiji pauses to slid up his glasses, he let the first one slide under the pretence that she would wander back but two of their brides disappearing without even trying to hide the second time. 

"Those second rated vampires" Reiji cannot help but speaks the words out loud. Those who think that the Mukami and Sakamaki have a bad relationship  very mistaken, the Mukami and Sakamaki did not have a relationship. The saying that is ignorance is bliss, is one that both families took seriously (In this case). Each family stuck to their own business skittering pass each other during school hours. 

The status difference between the Mukami and Sakamki is like Sourdough and Pita, yes one is more refined but none less good then the other. The Sakamaki not only being brought up as pure bloods but as the heirs to the Vampire Kings were arrogant at their best and conceited at their worst. Not to say that the Mukami are different but each family held their own standard of status and pride, so to say the vampires did not get along would be correct.

After a tense moment Reiji sighs "Very well we shall retrieve the mortals back from the Mukami"

....

There were still a few more hours until dawn but Subaru couldn't sleep. Wandering the halls, the sky already beginning to take a paler completion of blue then the deary pitch black. Everything had become more complicated after that woman came, no even before then when her sister came first. Nothing about the recent events sat right with him, first the blonde human with red eyes like his own showed up at their door step a few months later her sister of whom looks nothing likes arrives.