Chapter 9

Aviss continued his journey to Piltover to talk to the police about Colden. "I still don't understand why we are going to the authorities, when you have a criminal record." Elpis said talking to Aviss as he trekked on. "Because they can get an army to probably fight Colden. You saw how he took us out like it was nothing." Aviss said. Elpis cleared his throat, "not all of us." He said with a hint of pride. "He hasn't faced you and I combined." He added. "No offense Elpis but I don't trust you yet to have you pilot my body." Aviss said. "Is it that or are you too prideful to say you need help?" Elpis said. Aviss then exclaimed. "We're almost there, just a couple more hours." Completely interrupting Elpis. The two have been on a week's journey, after his brief fight with Akali, Aviss has been giving the cold shoulder to Elpis. Elpis actually hasn't spoken till now since he knew that he could easily trigger Aviss in his state.

They arrived in Piltover and headed straight to the police station. He barged through the captain's quarters and met Caitlyn and Vi. They bolted up and aimed their guns at him, "you must be a real idiot if you think you can just waltz right in here and not get arrested." Caitlyn said. Aviss slowly raised his hands. "I'm not here to turn myself in. I'm here to ask for help." He said calmly. "Give us one reason why we shouldn't shoot you." Vi said, clearly eager to put Aviss down. "One. That's illegal. Two. My friends got hurt by some guy named Colden." Aviss said. The two froze in place and closed the door behind them. "Say it again." Caitlyn said. "Colden. He attacked my friends, and he's after this." Aviss held out his staff. "He's been a slippery bastard that Colden. He's been committing crimes left and right but he's never been caught dirty if you get what I'm saying." Caitlyn said. "Now, if he were to get caught in the act by an...upstanding citizen." She said with disgust while looking at Aviss. Aviss just gave her a glare. "Then you could be rewarded with getting a clear name." Caitlyn added. "What?!" Aviss and Vi said. "Vi. Understand that as much as I would want Aviss behind bars. Colden is a much more promising grab!" She said. Vi looks at Aviss with anger and sighed. "Ugh fine!" She growled. "Remember Aviss. If you get caught in the crossfire with police. Then you're on your own." Caitlyn said as she sorted some papers out. "If you find him, call me." Caitlyn said as she handed her number to Aviss. "Oh my Caitlyn so forward." Elpis said, causing Aviss to look up with embarrassment. "Leave now!" Caitlyn shouted as Aviss ran for the door and left the station. "Why would you do that?!" Aviss shouted to Elpis. "I'm gonna be honest. I was super bored of that conversation. Plus I wanted to see how she reacted haha." Elpis said with a small chuckle. "You're gonna be hiding away in a chest for a very long time." Aviss said as he made his way back home.

After a few days. Aviss cake home and saw Dylon and the girls put front, something felt...odd. He then got closer and saw Dylon with a bruised face. "Holy hell what happened!?" Aviss said. Dylon spat to the side. "Colden showed up and asked for the staff. We told him we didn't have it and he beat the shit outta me to make an example." Dylon said as he sniffed a little to breathe. "What're you doing now?" Aviss asked. "Well first, I need you to hide in the tree and make sure he doesn't see you." Dylon said. "What the hell is your plan?" Aviss asked. "Just trust me ok?" Dylon said. Aviss rolled his eyes and went into a tree near the house. "I don't like his plan..." Elpis said. "What plan?! The idiot doesn't even have one!" Aviss said.

Some time passed and Colden arrived along with two lackeys. "Well well well, if it ain't the punching bag." He said as he saw Dylon. "Yeah I'm here." Dylon said as he put his hand on his gun, walking forward a bit. "So, where's the staff?" Colden asked. Dylon quickly glanced at the tree where Aviss was, which was above his two lackeys. "It's coming." Dylon said. "Nah Mate. I came for that staff, if it ain't here. I'll take something of yours." Colden said. Dylon quickly pulled out his pistol but was stopped by a knife thrown at his hand, he fell and held his wrist, writhing in pain. Aviss gripped the tree. "The damn idiot!!"