Chapter Four - Better Leave

Começar do início

Suddenly there was a sound of heavy footsteps and all of them turned to see Robert enter. The Fat King dressed in robes of blue wobbled in. His eyes scanned across the whole room, each of his children, and then stopped at his wife.

"What is this about Cersei?" He said annoyed "I have to postpone my hunting trip just to come here"

"Ask your son" She shouted "He wants to leave us"

Robert eyes shifted to Lyonel who was leaning in his chair.

"Father, I wish to leave in search of Catelyn Stark, I want to negotiate Uncle Tyrion's imprisonment and bring him home" He repeated.

His Father started chuckling, he came up to Lyonel and put a hand on his back "Are you mad?"

Joffrey laughed along with Robert "Let him Father" he said smirking "If we're lucky he'll never return"

"Joffrey!" Cersei reprimanded.

Tommen looked frightened "Will Lyonel die?"

The Queen walked up to her youngest and put her hand on his head "No, because he isn't leaving"

"I will leave" The Prince declared "But I won't die Tommy"

"But what if you will?" Myrcella argued.

The King sighed taking his hand away "Enough!" he raised him voice just to have it drop again "Don't be stupid son, I already told Ned to write to his wife, the dwarf will be back in court soon enough"

"Tyrion, his name is Tyrion" He corrected and Robert let it slid "You think she'll listen? She's a mother fighting for vengeance, she won't listen to commands. Someone needs to go there and explain it to her, talk to her with sense and reason"

Joffrey rolled his eyes "Why you? You're just trying to be a mighty hero who saves the day" he sneered "No matter what great thing you do, you'll always be second to me, don't forget that"

Robert snapped to his first born "Joffrey! Hold you tongue, no sons of mine are going to jump at each other's throats"

Lyonel just looked his brother straight in the eyes, green on green "I am not a hero, neither am I the second Prince. I'm just a boy who loves his Uncle" he turned to look at his father "And his family, he doesn't want it to be torn apart by war"

"Catelyn Stark is not our family!" Cersei complained "Let her and your grandfather battle if they want, it's none of your concern"

He turned to the blonde woman and smiled kindly "Catelyn is a Tully by birth. The Tully's and the Lannister's have a lot in common. They are both all about family"

Cersei crossed her arms and her face twisted in anger but also curiosity at whatever Lyonel was about to say.

He stood up from his chair "One day Joffrey will wed Sansa, she will be my sister, your daughter, Joffrey will becomes Cat's son and we will officially be family. Tyrion is my Uncle and will be Sansa's too. We'll all be connected. Future family is fighting and killing family. We need peace. We need Uncle Tyrion back and figure out who really tried to kill Bran" He finished.

Cersei walked around the table to the opposite side of him from Robert. She stood infront of her son grabbing his upper arms suddenly "Why should you be the bringer of peace? How do you know you can?"

Lyonel looked to the ground and Cersei moved one hand to his cheek "Peace never lasts my dear boy. Stay here, stay at home where no one can harm you, this isn't your war"

Lyonel gave her a loving smile. This was one of those rare moments he really knew his mother cared. She was really desperate to keep him here, keep him safe. She really did love him like the other children, it wasn't just for show.