12

Hongjoong had to suppress a shudder when King San stepped out of his carriage. His eyes had found the captives right away and the look he gave them had the captain regretting his decision almost immediately.

"Right on time, Captain. Thank you for your assistance. And I'm getting two for the price of one." The king said coolly, pulling out a large bag of gold and dropped it in the captain's hands.

"And the other thing we talked about?" Hongjoong said, trying to keep his voice calm.

King San just waved his hand and walked by.

Yunho gave Hongjoong a questioning look as he stepped to the side, leaving the captives standing by themselves.

The princess had yet to wake up from healing Yunho. The boy looked like he'd rather die...

.

.

.

.

San could feel his pleasure bubbling inside him. Seeing his favorite toy was unexpected but made this deal he had made with the pirates even better.

With a few long strides, he was standing in front of the shaking boy. He locked eyes with him for a long moment, then looked down at the princess.

"What did you do to her?" San growled, turning to face the captain. A wave of heat pulsed from him.

"There was an accident on the ship. My first mate was injured, and she healed him. According to the boy she is recovering from having to use her gift." The captain said, stepping forward.

"Is this true?" San purred, turning back to Wooyoung. He nodded quickly and tightened his grip on the princess. San smirked and lifted a hand to brush his cheek. "Well then, shall we go home?" He saw all the color drain from the other's face and chuckled.

He snapped his fingers and one of his guards came running forward. "Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Jongho, go into town and procure me another carriage for the princess. She needs space to lay down. I don't want to... disturb her." He said, licking his lips and not taking his eyes off Wooyoung.

"Right away." The man bowed and made his way into town.

"You may go now." San said, turning to face the captain. When he saw him open his mouth to speak, San held up a hand to cut him off. "Yes, yes. I know. I will take care of it, but unfortunately, it's not something I have the ability to do right now. You'll have to be patient." He turned back to Wooyoung and placed a hand on the small of his back to guide him to the carriage.

He could feel the pirates shifting behind him, but he didn't look back.

.

.

.

.

Wooyoung knew there was no getting away. All he could hope for was Yunho would do as he asked and alert Yeosang.

The feeling of the king's hand on his back made his skin crawl.

It wasn't long until Jongho returned with a second carriage. By then the pirates were gone.

"Jongho, take the princess in your carriage and watch over her. Keep her secured, I'm sure she will be scared when she wakes." King San said.

"N-no, please." Wooyoung said, stepping back from the approaching guard.

"Now, now, Youngie." The king hissed. "You know I won't harm her."

Wooyoung still fought as the guard tore her from his arms. He reached for her and tried to follow but the king pinned him to the side of the carriage. "You're just going to make this worse for yourself."