Chapter 33 - Recovery

"You can be released today," You had been treated for schizophrenia for the past month or so and you were recovering fast. The Nurse gave you pills fit for your condition unlike the self-medication you had thought would work. Sherlock had visited you every day and Mrs. Hudson had come along some days. John, Molly, Tom, and Lestrade, once, came to give flowers and support. You were glad this was all over. However, you realized how much Hatter meant to you... this was bad... Lestrade has let you back into work and you were excited to start soon!

You heard that John and Mary got engaged and you were so happy for them. Mary gave you an invitation yesterday along with a rose that Tom had asked for her to give to you. Speaking of Tom, he knocked on the door just as you were about to call Molly, who had volunteered to pick you up.

"Hey, Y/n," he held a pile of clothing. In one hand and your favorite food, f/f, on the other hand.

"Tom? Where's Molly?"

"Well, I came in place of her," he places the clothing down then the food on the side table.

"Is that-?"

"A box with F/f in it? Yup..."

"How did you know?" You took some out the box and took a bite.

"A guess..." you gave him a look of doubt before he gave in. "Ok... I asked Molly," he laughed and you smiled in appreciation.

"Thank you," You looked through the clothing and saw what he had picked out. A white blouse with jeans and a pair of sneakers. You walked into the bathroom and got changed

~~~

The form was signed and you and Tom walked out of the hospital. Baker Street wasn't too far from the hospital so you decided to take a short cut through the park. "Tom?" He hums and you continue to ask the question. "I was wondering if you'd like to... Go to Mary's and John's wedding with me?- It's ok if you don't want to-"

"I'd love to," He says calmly.

"Oh, I was expecting that answer... I get it it's fine that you don't want to- wait, what? You- you want to?"

"That's what I said," He chuckles, you blush and start to walk a little faster.

~The day of the wedding~

The soft breeze brushed through your hair as the sunlight warmed your skin. You wore a semi-formal floral dress which cascaded at the back. Your hair curled to perfection, and shoes gleaming white you wait in line to congratulate Mary and John. "Mary! Oh, congratulations!" You gave her a big hug to which she excepted. "John, congrats," You gave him a hug too as he smiled profusely. Tom congratulated the couple as you headed inside after talking to Sherlock and the Bridesmaid. 

~The best man's speech~

Sherlock read out the cards which were sent for Mary and John, you snickered as he had to quote what the cards said."Bit of a theme. You get the general gist. People are basically fond," The guests laugh as he places down the cards. "John Watson- My friend John Watson... John..." He gestures to John a few times as tries to come up with something to say

"Oh no," You cringe slightly waiting for him to say something.

 "When John first broached the subject of being best man, I was confused, I confess at first I didn't realize he was asking me. When finally I understood, I expressed to him that I was both flattered and ... surprised, I explained to him that I'd never expected this request and I was a little daunted in the face of it. I nonetheless promised that I would do my very best to accomplish a task which was – for me – as demanding and difficult as any I had ever contemplated. Additionally, I thanked him for the trust he'd placed in me and indicated that I was, in some ways, very close to being ... moved by it," John frowned slightly as he pondered his thoughts about the conversation... "It later transpired that I had said none of this out loud,"