(12) Love vs. Lust

Start from the beginning

I took a sip of the drink and to be honest it was the worst thing I have ever tasted. 

"This is awful!" I complained looking at the both of them like they were crazy. Were they really expecting me to drink it? 

"No it's not and even if it is you are going to drink it" Reagan replied smiling at me evilly. I groaned in complaint but took another sip. 

As the night went by I had more of those awful drinks but somehow the more I drank the better they tasted. I could tell that I was getting drunk but I couldn't get myself to stop, I had forgotten about all my worries, even if it was only for a little while. I danced with Reagan and Shelby every time a song played that we liked but at some point they had both picked up some guys and forgot about me. 

I was sitting at the table when Reagan arrived with a tray of shots. She placed three of them in front of me and told me to down one after the other. In the back of my mind I knew it wasn't a good idea but I drank them anyway trying to forget the last trace of worry that was left in me and it worked, for a while. 

I danced around the dance floor by myself having forgotten where I was and about the world outside when I started feeling sick. I ran to the bathroom bumping into people and the wall a few times. When I got inside a booth I fell down on the floor in front of the toilet and vomited until my stomach was aching. My head was spinning and the world around me looked blurry and strangely out of tune. 

Deciding that it was time to go home I headed out of the bathroom in search of Reagan and Shelby but they were nowhere to be found. The club was emptier then I remembered and for a moment I wondered what the time was. I checked my watch but couldn't figure it out so I fell down in a chair and watched as the world blurred in and out around me. 

"Excuse me miss" I heard a voice say and I had to drag my head up to see an old man standing in front of me. I didn't answer him, I just stared at him. 

"We are closing in a few minutes, we need you to go home" He said and that's the last I can remember of what happened. 

I opened my eyes to the dark night sky that surrounded me and felt my stomach clench and bile rise up in my throat. I leaned to the side and puked on the pavement next to me. When I was done throwing up I looked around me to see the parking lot was completely deserted. I felt panic rise up in me as I realized I was all alone out here in a parking lot and I had no real idea where I was. 

I felt horrible, my head was throbbing, my stomach was clenching and I could hardly move without getting nauseous and having to throw up. I reached for my purse that was lying beside me grateful that I hadn't lost it and reached for my mobile phone. I had to stare at the screen for a few seconds before it stopped swimming and came into focus. A moan escaped my mouth involuntarily as I saw the time, it was ten to four in the morning, how did that happen? 

I dialed Reagan and Shelby but both of their phones went over to voice mail. I vowed to kill them when I saw them again but at the moment I had bigger problems, I had to get out of here. I scanned through my contacts swearing under my breath. Why did I ever agree to come here? I should have known better, I should never have drunk so much. I should never have let this happen. 

I stopped at Conner's name but passed quickly knowing that I couldn't call him, I couldn't let him ever find out about this. I scrolled down to my mom's number but changed my mind. I knew she would be disappointed and worried and I couldn't do that to her. I felt tears sting at my eyes as I scrolled through my contacts once more and stopped at Cole's number.  

I pressed the green button feeling even more nervous and scared then before. What if he didn't want to help me after the way I've treated him? 

"Gabby?" Came his voice after the fifth ring.  

"Yea" I replied as more tears escaped my eyes. 

"What's wrong?" He asked and I could hear the concern in his voice. 

"I... I was wondering if you could come fetch me" I asked feeling embarrassed and ashamed of myself. 

"Where are you?" Cole asked and I could hear him moving about in his room. 

"I don't really know, it's this place called Opel's" I answered moving so that I could see the name on the board to the right of me. I heard him groan in disapproval before replying. 

"I know where it is, I'll be there as soon as I can" He said and then he hung up.