4. THE UNFORGIVING PAST

『26 Salvatore Boarding House, Mystic Falls, VirginiaDECEMBER 25TH 2008

Mystic Falls, Virginia
DECEMBER 25TH 2008

DEAR DAMON

It feels like before you came into my life again—when every moment seemed so dull and bleak. Every day was a repeat. I try very fucking hard and yet, it still feels invisible. As though I'm trying to find something interesting to keep me steady or alive.

That's the word.

When the hard part passes, my mood changes, and in an instant everything moves so fast, far too fast. As though I drank something so sweet, and my heart beat so fucking fast. I can almost taste the blood pumping in my veins.

I do what I want. I enjoy it. Then like a bomb, like a fucking bomb, it turns off, and I'm swallowed by this fog. This endless dark fog that takes me to hell, ripping me apart.

It beats me down, reminding me of everything I've done and how they all scream. It's the same fog of pain that will haunt me until my last fucking breath. While I can go on and on— Safe to say that today's been a burst.

Dark Creator sent me on a mission to another world to retrieve a witch who kept flirting with me. He proved to be harder to tame. He made one mistake and that was when he insulted you. Dark Creator said I had to bring him in, but he didn't tell me how many pieces. Despite Dark Creator mocking my patience. . . I mocked him back— Saying he would have done the same had anyone insulted his mates.

That was enough to earn me a pat on the shoulder. I would think. He gave me a blank stare, humming that I was right. Your witty remarks usually help at this stage, but I don't have that anymore.

Did you know, life was much better with you than without you? Despite all the chaos that follows me everywhere like a moth to a fucking flame or light. Either one. I still remember the day we met. The lilac flowers rained down as though the God of love was trying to point out a signal to me. Yet, I was too stupid to realize, and when I looked to my right. . . There you were, taking a sit beside me.

Many would say you put a spell on me. I bet Aphrodite thought, 'Well if he's not going to look, I'll make him look.'

I was curious about you despite the mission Dark Creator tasked me with. You know, the mission when I vamp-napped you. Something about you had me yearning for you. For some reason, I found a great deal of attraction towards you, which was odd, given I'm always told I got a stick up my ass.

Hmm. That sounds fucking familiar to someone I know. I guess Dark Creator and I are somewhat similar. I still remember you saying to me once, 'Micah, it won't kill you to smile once. Were you born with a stick up your ass?'

It was the first thing you said to me when I took you hostage. Now, thinking about you makes me laugh, to remember your words. Sometimes loneliness catches up to me like a storm. It reminds me of every conversation we shared, every argument we had, and when we made love.