21 | snitch snatched

Start from the beginning

The young Slytherin jumps in surprise when the familiar voice of the commentator booms throughout the whole stadium. Hyunjin knows the sound was loud, but he didn't know it was this loud. Maybe because it was always buried beneath the cheering of the crowd as well as the gusts of wind when he is out on the field. Oh how much he's wanting to go out there and fly in between the stands, feeling the gentle caress of the early spring breeze in his hair.

"Hello, hello, welcome everyone to Hogwarts' quidditch semifinal!" Hyunjin hears the commentator cheer through the speakers, "what a wonderful day it is to be outside, isn't it?"

There's a roar of agreement from the audience as banners and scarves are being waved into the sunny and bright sky.

"I see many of the houses have gathered here to support our competing teams here today!" Hyunjin's eyes start to wander the arena, trying to spot the other houses in between the stands. "Oh, I see Lee Haechan and Lee Jeno from Gryffindor there with Mark Lee from Ravenclaw! Hi, guys, I hope you guys will enjoy the match oho!"

"Let's not waste any more time, shall we?"

"Please welcome our very first team, back better than ever!" there was a drum-roll sound effect as Hyunjin waits for the first team to fly through the gates and up into the arena. "team B of the Hufflepuff House!"

From the other side of the stands he was standing on, Hyunjin sees the Hufflepuff team, dress in their designated yellow robes fly out from the bottom of the stands and out to see the crowd. Hyunjin couldn't help but cheer along with the others as the rival team twirls in the air, a spectacular sight to the viewers.

"And our second team, who have been doing amazing all through the season this year!" the commentator exclaims, "please welcome, Slytherin House!"

Hyunjin didn't care anymore, should his voice be gone tomorrow morning? It doesn't matter as he cheers as loud as he can, waving his banner in the air.

"Slytherin had an unexpected change in players this year, didn't they?" the commentator speaks, "here we have Kim Seungmin on his very first match in quidditch!"

"No pressure though, right?"

Hyunjin rolls his eyes as the crowd settles down for the match to start. He grips his banner tightly, watching his best friend (surprisingly) approaching the middle of the field confidently on his broom. Madam Hooch stands below with the crate of quidditch balls, ready for them to be released into the air.

Before starting, he could see Seungmin scanning the area and when their eyes meet, Hyunjin gives Seungmin an excited grin.

The match starts with a whizz. Hyunjin watches the players scatter across the field and jumps in glee when Slytherin snatches the quaffle away from the possession of Hufflepuff, flying towards the hoops on the other side of the field.

When Kwon Yujin nudges the ball in through the hoop with the back of her broom, Slytherin house bursts into a chorus of cheers.

"That is another goal from one of Slytherin's best players!"

Hyunjin was no exception as he celebrates Yujin's goal from the sidelines and would have probably fallen down on to the grass by how far he's leaning on the metal railing if it wasn't for the crowd of people behind him keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

"Damn, I should have also bought a Yujin banner," Hyunjin mutters quietly in disappointment, observing Seungmin as he flies mindlessly across the field.

The game continues on, with Slytherin leading the points by fourteen goals and Yujin scoring as many times as she could. Hufflepuff was starting to become tired, Hyunjin could see by their irritated faces and they were becoming more desperate to catch the snitch.

But as the game stretches further into the day, the more tired Hyunjin gets. He was sure that if he was able to get through a game in the field like flicking an ant off a table then he would be able to cheer along with ease but it seems like the energy tired him out. Now that he feels another strong thumping on his forehead, maybe it's better for him to sit down.

No, no, Hyunjin no. You need to keep standing and cheering for your own team.

Maybe the God of wishes heard his pleas as Hyunjin sees Seungmin chasing a familiar-looking glint of gold.

Yes, finally!

Hyunjin bursts into a series of over-excited hops, yelling at Seungmin to fly faster as the Hufflepuff seeker catches on his tail and slowly gaining speed. Hyunjin was too busy waving his banner to notice the commentator announcing yet another goal from Slytherin.

And another one.

And another one.

Until Slytherin was leading by 16 goals.

But Hyunjin was too focused on Seungmin to also notice that Yujin was slowly losing her speed and that his headache was getting stronger and stronger.

"Seungmin, lean further! I'll voluntarily carry you to the Hospital Wing if you fall!" Hyunjin yells, feeling slightly triggered at Seungmin's hand which could've already touched the smooth surface of the snitch if it was longer by a centimetre.

Yes, Hyunjin will lose his voice tomorrow.

Hyunjin bites his bottom lip in anticipation, but almost burst into tears when the Hufflepuff seeker was pushed from behind and ended up catching the snitch on his fall.

"No!" Hyunjin wails, falling on his seat.

That's 150 points to Hufflepuff.

"And Hufflepuff has caught the snitch!" the commentator exclaims, "but wait! Slytherin was ahead by 160 points, which means, Slytherin wins the game!"

The once disappointed Slytherins now come back alive hearing the commentator speak.

Eh? Come again?

He shouldn't have sprung from his seat too fast, but he did and almost lost his balance but surely this was a dream. How was Slytherin supposed to win after Hufflepuff caught the snitch?

His eyes wander to one side of the field where the rest of his teammates gather to celebrate and come to a realisation that their team won.

Hyunjin was too tired to celebrate even though the feeling of relief had spread through him when he came to know that their team had actually won. His chance for finally getting his first win out of all the seasons becoming a player is slowly getting closer.

Deciding it was time to leave the stadium just like everybody else, the blond-haired Slytherin stands back up and begins to make his way down to the stairs. However, stars start to fill his vision and he loses his balance, hands desperately trying to find something to lean on before he falls.

He comes to realise that head rushes were becoming more frequent, but something about this one was different.

As Hyunjin leans on the wall, trying to clear his vision, back on the field, Seungmin tries to push his teammates away from Yujin was trying to regain her breaths.

Was today just a day where everybody was getting more exhausted than they're supposed to be?

+

after a long, long month phew! she's finally here! honestly, i don't know why i'm like this oho but i've been feeling a bit demotivated lately. but today i had some time to clear my thoughts and relax a little so i guess here it is. it's not 100% of what i imagined it to turn out to be but i hope it's still something uwu.

have a great one everyone! stay healthy and drink a lot of water! don't forget to stream skz's new comeback soon owo.