Chapter Sixty-Three

Tania discovered she'd fallen asleep on the couch when Joshua gently shook her awake.

"Hey, Ani, it's time to go," He whispered, and she grumbled. Quietly, Joshua picked Tania up, and she snuggled against him, sighing deeply.

"I want to go to bed," She mumbled, and Joshua laughed softly.

"We're going to my apartment since the Sophie and Mika are at work," Joshua said, but Tania merely shrugged and mumbled nonsense under her breath.

A few hazy moments later, Tania found herself in bed -- not hers though. She took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of the different herbs and smiled. It smelled just like Joshua would. Keeping her eyes closed, she burrowed into the blankets and drifted into a deep sleep.

Waking up was an odd feeling. Tania's mind felt much more clear, and as she tumbled onto the ground in a tangle of blankets, she felt very confused.

This was definitely not her room, she concluded. It was too messy for that. Books, papers, clothes and much more littered the floor, and a stack of laundry in the corner seemed enormous. As she struggled to her feet, it finally dawned on her where she was.

"So this is what Joshua's room looks like," Tania muttered, a large grin spreading across her face. "How interesting. I never knew he was so messy out of work."

Tania glanced at her watch and frowned, tapping on the glass top. "That can't be right," She muttered, slowly walking out of the messy room. "How is it four in the afternoon? Did Joshua let me sleep instead of going to work? I at least could have worked my afternoon shift!"

A few minutes later, Tania was walking outside into London, trying her best to remember her way around the city. Thirty minutes later, she concluded that she was definitely lost.

Spotting a small park, Tania slumped onto a park bench and watched children chase each other, laughing and screaming in delight. She supposed she probably should have been more concerned, but it was a little freeing to forget everything she knew and invest herself in a random person's life.

Timidly, a small boy made his way to her side, clutching a flower in his small fist. "Here, miss," He said quietly, "I picked a flower for you."

Tania gently took it and smiled, unsure of what she should do. The flower was more of a weed, and dirt still clumped to the roots. "Thank you, good sir," She finally said and patted the seat next to her. "Would you like to sit and talk some?"

The small boy shrugged, tossing his bangs out of his brown eyes before he jumped onto the seat. "What's your name, good sir?" She asked, unsure of what to say to the small child. In all fairness, the youngest person she'd talked to in years was Ginny, and even then it was at a passing. Tania never had to deal with any children, but the little boy was too cute to pass up talking too.

"My name's Jonathan Holmes! But my mum calls me Johnny," He squeaked, beaming up at her. "What's your name, miss?"

"Oh-" Tania started, unsure of what to say. "Well, I have many names, Johnny."

"Really?" Johnny exclaimed, his brown eyes widening. "Why d'you have so many, miss?"

"I don't really know, Johnny," Tania mused, "Maybe it's because I haven't found one that fits me quite yet. There are so many to choose from."

"Can I help you choose one?" Johnny asked eagerly, a spark igniting in his eyes. "My mum says I'm the best at choosing things!"

Tania laughed a little and nodded her head. "Sure Johnny. Well, let's see..."

And so, Tania began to explain -- although heavily toned down -- the significance of her names. Titania was her first, but she felt like she outgrew that -- she was no longer that girl. Ani came next, but it felt more like a dream -- someone who she wanted to be, instead of who she really was. Tania was a middle ground between those, but she felt indecisive and torn as Tania -- like she was lost.