Chapter 28 - Not just yet...

At St. Barts Hospital - SH

You grab your coat and rush over to the hospital. In the cab, your mind was racing with thoughts. It had been a day or so since Sherlock and Johns escape and you were worried sick when they didn't return back to the flat. I mean you didn't expect them to return but you were still worried sick. "Just here," You pay the cab fare and run towards the labs where you expect them to be.

"Y/n?" Molly was surprised to see you here. 

"Molly! Where is Sherlock?" She points to the second room down the hall. You thanks her and run inside the lab. "Sherlock!" You see him leaning against the table, you embrace the curly haired detective. "I'm glad you're ok," He chuckles and accepts the hug.

"I'm fine but I just need to let you know that... that I'm... I'm sorry," You smile up at him.

"Why? For what?" He places his hand on your cheek.

"For not being there when you needed me most," He gives you a kiss on the lips before hugging you again. His phone beeps and he checks it while you forgive him.

"I need you to stay here ok?" You nod and he exits. You wait a while before leaving to go follow him. You see the edge of his coat turn the corner of the stairs. You question why he was going towards the roof before just following. The door closes in front of you and you hear the Bee Gees playing on the other side. You quietly open the door and sneak out behind the door.

"Stayin' alive! It's so boring, isn't it?" You peek around the corner and see Jim sitting with his phone in hand. "It's just... Staying..." You hurriedly hide again as he shifts his gaze.

"All my life I've been searching for distractions. You were the best distraction and now I don't even have you. Because I've beaten you! And you know what? In the end, it was easy," You hear his aspirated sighs. "It was easy. Now I've got to go back to playing with the ordinary people. And it turns out you're ordinary just like all of them,"

Ordinary? Does he manipulate ordinary people? Course he does! He's a psychopath! Wait- was he manipulating you? Were you a distraction? You were, weren't you? You were so lost in thought you didn't hear what they said. until 

"There is no key, DOOFUS!" You jump at the sudden change in tone. "Those digits are meaningless. They're utterly meaningless! You don't really think a couple of lines of computer code are gonna crash the world around our ears? I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in you, ordinary Sherlock..." His voice goes low.

"But the rhythm..."

"Partita number one! Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach..."

"But then how did-"

"Then how did I break into the Bank, to the Tower, to the Prison? Daylight Robbery! All it takes is some willing participants," You think back to the news and piece it together... Genius utter genius. "I knew you'd fall for it. That's your weakness – you always want everything to be clever. Now, shall we finish the game? One final act. Glad you chose a tall building – nice way to do it," 

"Do it? Do – do what? Yes, of course. My suicide..."

'What?!" You whisper-shout, a little too loud.

"Glad you've joined us, Y/n," Jim calls you. You reluctantly come out from behind and wave your hand.

"Hey..." Sherlock gives you a stern look which caused you to rub the back of your neck, looking up at the sky.

"Genius detective proved to be a fraud... I read it in the paper, so it must be true. I love newspapers. Fairytales. And pretty Grimm ones too," Jim continues, your jaw dropping slightly. "So, what do you think, Y/n? A fan?"

"Not really," You say back.

~~~

"I can still prove that you created an entirely false identity," Sherlock tries to think of a solution for this disaster.

"Oh, just kill yourself. It's a lot less effort," Moriarty says in a tone that read as 'just give up already'.

"Jim!" You shout.

"What? Go on. For me? Pleaaaaaaseee?" Sherlock grabs Moriarty's collar and spins so Moriarty's back was facing the ledge.

"Sherlock no!" Sherlock's breathing becomes heavy, his eyes darken. You don't dare to try and calm him, fearing the worse.

"You're insane," Moriarty blinks a few times before replying with.

"You're just getting that now?" Sherlock shoves him further back, now holding him over the edge. Jim makes the sound of a few 'whoops' as if would do anything. "Okay, let me give you a little extra incentive... Your friends will die if don't,"

"John..."

"John... Everyone," Moriarty sneers.

"Mrs. Hudson..."

"Everyone..."

"Lestrade,"

"Three bullets. Three gunmen... There's no stopping them now... Unless my people see you jump,"

"Jim, this is crazy call this all of now!" he tuts as Sherlock pulls him back to safety.

"Don't interfere or I'll have to put Sebastian on you," He smirks. You put your hands up, not knowing if he was serious or not. "You can have me arrested; you can torture me; you can do anything you like with me, but nothing's gonna prevent them from pulling the trigger. Your only three friends in the world will die ... unless..."

"Unless I kill myself – complete your story," Sherlock's breathing becomes jagged as he races through his thoughts for a way out.

"You've gotta admit that's sexier," Jim winks at you and all you can do is look down at the concrete. 

"And I die in disgrace..."

"Of course that's the point," Jim gives you a 'is he serious' look. He leans over the 

"Oh, you've got an audience now. Off you pop... Go on," He waits for Sherlock to get up on the ledge "Your death is the only thing that's gonna call off the killers. I'm certainly not gonna do it" You raise a brow as he finally turns to you, you didn't notice but your lips were trembling at anticipation.

"Would you give me ... one moment, please; one moment of privacy?" You sigh and nod at Jim. "Please?"

"Of course," He rolls his eyes and walks towards you. "Ordinary I tell you,"

~~~

SO CLOSE

XOXO LOVE U LOADS!

❤️❤️❤️❤️