16.2 | In which, self-sacrifice is the cure for all

MADELINE

She shook her head slightly, clearing all the loose ideas and thoughts before glancing around the room

She shook her head slightly, clearing all the loose ideas and thoughts before glancing around the room. She wasn't sure how long she'd been in the dream-state, and glanced around for a clock. She felt herself pale as she noticed that it had at least been 12 hours. She sat up, pulling the cords and needles from her skin.

Hobbling over to the paperwork laid over the tables, she scoffed at Richards state of organisation. She'd always hated when others were in charge, they always left their stations a mess.

She found herself beaming at the documents before her. Each patient file was stamped the same, "Success." She wasn't sure how she could be any happier. Laughing aloud before pushing to link Xavier. She was confused slightly, it was as though she hit a brick wall. Pushing again she found the same thing. It was the same everywhere as she pushed towards each and every member of the pack, all-around blocks in place.

Mulling over possible people to contact she hesitated before reaching out for her father. They'd accepted him into the pack, and although he still remained in the institute, it allowed for his mental links to be restored.

"Dad," she pushed towards him, finding that she didn't encounter any issues this time. She felt his surprise reach through the link before he replied,

"Are you awake this time? Or are you still reaching out from the Coma?" She flinched at his words, coma? She'd though she'd simply passed out.

"I think I'm awake, how would I know if this were a dream," she directed back at him. She didn't want to sound sarcastic, but she was genuinely unsure as to the difference.

"If this were a dream, you wouldn't see this," he trailed off as the door to her left burst open. She yelped lightly bringing her arm up over her eyes. The coma would explain the light sensitivity.

"What happened?", she asked him, out loud this time,

She raised her hands in confusion and frustration as he spun on his heel and ran from the room,

"Oi," she yelled after him, before mumbling about flighty people.

She'd just resumed reading the papers, as more people started trickling into the room. Looking back over, she found everyone was looking at her the same way her father had. Shock, Confusion, Joy.

She wondered just how long she'd been out for, before realising that her father must have been released. Meaning that it was at least 6 months. She knew she was right as she gazed around the rooms, it had to have been a period of time if the state of the women were anything to go by. She was surrounded by women who were pregnant, or holding their pups in their arms.

"I've really got to stop passing out," she mumbled before looking down at her state of dress .She winced at the hospital gown and just hoped that it wasn't backless. She smiled gratefully as a nurse appeared with clothing, and pulled a privacy curtain for her.