6.2 | In which, the plot thickens

ANONYMOUS

Standing to the side of the corridor, a man watched and grimaced

Standing to the side of the corridor, a man watched and grimaced. It had been a necessary sacrifice, it would deter her for long enough that he may get a result. If she discovered the nature of the infertility, perhaps even performed ultrasounds, she'd figure things out too quickly.

He needed time.

Growling lightly he walked towards the residence. He supposed he had to keep up appearances. Couldn't have anything he did seem suspicious. He had to bide his time, to work her out before she worked him out.

She was an enigma wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in a further nightmare. Cautious optimism wafted off here and her entire soul seemed to breathe life into the pack. It was disgusting, the way they began fawning over her, simpering and whining. Simply because she was the Luna.

She couldn't be a faerie, there was only one mate bond fated to be a link between the species, and it had already been destroyed. He snarled at the thought, it was a waste.

He plastered a grimace on his face, and widened his eyes, making them water slightly before continuing onward. Stay in character, he reminded himself multiple times. It wont be for too much longer.