CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Marnie and the gang looked at the small white paper that said,"

Marnie and the gang looked at the small white paper that said,". Mommy and Daddy weren't honest about what they did, and you'll have to see what they had done. They took something of mine, and I want it back. You have until next Friday, to return it at the place you threw away the memory you wanted to forget"

"The memory you wanted to forget?" Jughead repeated and then turned to look at her," Any idea what that is?" Marnie scrunched her face and shook her head," No, I don't" She was frustrated, the game they were forced to play, was a personal vendetta, and she could confirm it now.

"It should be something here in Riverdale, right? Because I don't know about having to travel to different states or even countries. I mean Marnie you lived around a lot of places, so what are the chances?" Pea spoke up as he started to run his hand through his hair.

She didn't answer him, not even wanting to think they'd have to leave town, and hoped everything happened in Riverdale. "It's getting late, and its almost curfew, we got to head back before we get in trouble" Fangs stated making them all look at him at funny," What?" He asked them and Toni snorted," The fact that you said curfew, and get in trouble in one sentence, goodness, I never thought I'd hear those words from your mouth"

"You do realize how much we are specifically targeted by law enforcement. They'd find anything to get us locked up, and the fact that we are in a cemetery is enough for me to say were in deep shit" Fangs argued

"I hate to say he's right, but the last we need right now is for us to be separated or being behind bars" Jughead sighed," Let's call it a night, and we'll discuss this tomorrow"

They all shared looks walking back to the car except for Marnie who was looking at her parent's grave. Mommy and Daddy weren't honest about what they did, and you'll have to see what they had done. Those words burned into her head, leaving her confused but also hurt. She was the reason they died, but then the feeling of not knowing what her parents have done, to cause this person to play a game with their lives. It made her think, that her parents were more then they were and she didn't want to picture her parents she didn't recognize. But everyone had their own secrets, and maybe, her parents had one that they preferred her and Anthony not knowing.

"Babe, you doing okay?" Marnie turned to Fangs who was walking back as she sighed," I want to say yes, but I can't, not with this" She waved her hand and turned to her parents grave," Just one note, and I'm already doubting my parents when I don't have the right! When I'm the reason they are buried six feet under"

Fangs quickly made it to her side knowing she was having a panic attack and pulled her in an embrace. He learned one thing when she first had one when they went on their vacation. She was stressed over leaving, and the first night she was hit with an attack.

He did one thing, he could, one that his grandparents taught him, and it was to sing. So, he started to sing quietly in her ear like the night he first helped her, and he knew it was working not hearing her unstable breaths.

He loved this girl so damn much, and he was going to get her out of this, even if it meant he'd get hurt. He could never find someone like her again, and he never planned on it. This was the moment, he vowed, that he'd protect her for as long as he lived.