Chapter Fourteen

"Stay the hell away from my son!" Tony yelled, struggling against his bonds. The man just smirked at Tony and pulled Peter to his feet, moving him roughly into a chair in the center of the gross room they were imprisoned in.

"Now then, Peter? You know who I am, don't you?" the man asked. Peter scowled, his face contorting into an angry snarl.

"Dr. Otto Octavius," he replied (and what the fuck? Why did his baby know who this was? What was going on?!) "Otherwise known as Doctor Octopus."

The man--Doctor Octopus--(and really? What a stupid name) smiled smugly. "Aw, it's good to see you're as smart as they say you are," Dr. Octavius said, patting Peter's cheek condescendingly. Tony grit his teeth as rage washed over him. How dare he? "Let's see how smart you really are. Tell me, Peter. Do you know why you're here?"

"No." Peter said, his eyes flicking over to where his Dad and the rogues (his family?) was tied up. The guilt filled him. This was all his fault.

"Hm, that's disappointing." Dr, Octavius sighed sadly. "Would you like to take a guess?"

"You're mad that I rescued Gwen Stacy?" Peter asked, smiling smugly when Dr. Octavius scowled in annoyance.

"No," Dr. Octavius said. "Although, that was very irritating of you."

Peter shrugged. "I try."

"You are here because you are mine." Dr. Octavius said. Peter's eyes widened in shock and disgust while Tony began to fight against his ropes harder.

"Um. No thanks. That's kind of gross. You're way too old for me." Peter said. Dr. Octavius shook his head.

"Not in a romantic way," Dr. Octavius said. "You're my experiment. And you're what I call a success."

Peter let out a puff of air. "What?"

"Oh come on, Peter," Dr. Octavius sighed. "I know you searched me. I know you found out which two places I broke into the past two years."

"Stark Industries," Peter whispered.

"That's right." Dr. Octavius said, smiling as the realization dawned in Peter's eyes.

"You were never there for the Avengers, were you?" Peter asked. Said team strained harder, trying to break free of the ropes while still hanging off of every word said in the otherwise silent room.

"Nope."

"You were after me the whole time?"

"Yep."

"Why?" Tony cried. "Why were you after Peter?"

"Where's the second place I went, Peter?" Dr. Octavius continued, ignoring Tony's desperate cries.

"Oscorp." Peter said. And...oh shit.

Dr. Octavius was smiling smugly now as Peter's entire world imploded with the information that all made sense now. "And tell me, Peter. What happened at Oscorp?"

"I was bitten," Peter whispered, mostly to himself. The Avengers were all staring at Peter and Dr. Octavius, trying to understand. Natasha gasped as she suddenly understood. "I got radiation poisoning from a spider..."

"And then what happened to you?" Dr. Octavius said, grinning madly as he leaned against his giant arms.

"Peter? What does he mean? Did something happen to you?" Tony asked, fear making his heart do impossible skips.

Peter closed his eyes, refusing to look at his father who was no doubt terrified.

"I mutated." Peter answered softly.

Tony sucked in a sharp breath at what had just come out of his son's mouth. His baby mutated? Peter mutated and Tony hadn't even know! Oh god. No wonder Doctor Octopus was obsessed with Peter. If what he's saying is true, then the mad scientist over there had intentionally experimented on his son!

"I have to say, Peter," Dr. Octavius said. "I was quite surprised you survived. You were the only one of my subjects who did. All the others dies during the exposure. But you...no, you survived. You proved my experiment a success."

"Let us go," Peter said. "You figured it out! I'm your successful experiment! That means you can let us go now!"

"But see, that's just it," Dr. Octavius said. "I haven't. Why was it you who survived? Why did none of the others? I need to know."

"You will not perform any more fucking experiments on my kid!" Tony yelled. "I'll fucking kill you! You stay the fuck away from him!"

"My, what a colorful vocabulary your father has, Peter," Dr. Octavius said. "I wonder. If I cut out his tongue, will he still say such vulgar things?"

"NO! No please! Don't hurt him, please!" Peter cried. Dr. Octavius smirked.

"I won't," Dr. Octavius said. "So long as you allow me to continue my experiments on you."

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE PETER STARK!" Tony screamed. "YOU STAY AWAY FROM KID YOU CAZZO PAZZO!!!"

Dr. Octavius growled and threw one of his metal arms towards Tony and a sharp metal dagger flew from the end of the limb and embedded itself in Tony's shoulder. Peter cried when Tony let out a choked scream of pain.

"Stop! Stop! Stop it please!" Peter begged. "Please don't hurt him! Please!"

Dr. Octavius smiled at Peter, his mouth showing his crooked teeth. He leaned forward and Peter flinched back, his spidey-senses screaming at him to get as far away from him as possible.

"May I continue?" Dr. Octavius asked, that bastard. He already knew what Peter's answer would be.

A tear slid down Peter's face.

"Yes."