9

Luke Hemmings.

I caught her small body as soon as I saw her start to fall.

"Page Doctor Irwin" I spoke immediately as nurses surrounded, myself lifting her bridal style.

Trying to save her dignity, I got out of the middle of the hospital, bringing her into my office- making sure no other interns could see.

I laid her on my couch, checking her pulse as Ashton entered.

"I knew there was something off today" he spoke immediately, crouching beside me.

"Pulse is slow" I spoke as he grabbed his stethoscope, placing it on her chest.

"Think she's dehydrated?" He shot.

"Either dehydrated or exhausted" I spoke back, looking to him.

"Let's get her an IV and see if she takes fluids-" "we can't put her in a room- she's an intern, they'll hold it against her" he interrupted me- which was a good point.

"I'll get it and bring it in here- we'll keep her in here until she's up- then we'll figure out whether she can drive herself home or not" I spoke, earning a firm nod from him as he focused to her.

Ashton.

"Payton, wake up" I spoke calmly, shaking her lightly, patting her cheeks gently.

I checked her eyes- making sure they responded normally before sighing.

We always have an intern that passes out from not taking care of themselves- I didn't think it would be her.

Like ran back in with arms full of items.

"I grabbed extras just in case" he mumbled, setting down a blood kit and a few other things.

He did her IV, taping it down and hooking fluids to it.

We both sat on the floor in front of the couch, checking her vitals and talking.

"You can go take care of your interns if you need- all of my interns were taken" Luke spoke to me

"I'm fine here" I mumbled.

"You like her?" He shot to me.

"She's my favorite intern" I spoke

"Without her I might as well get a babysitting job"

An hour later I looked to the fluid bag- still seeing it full.

"She's not taking any fluids, she's not dehydrated." I spoke.

"We need to do blood work then" Luke mumbled out.

With assistance, he took her blood, putting a bandaid over the spot once he had the desired amount.

He ran it to the lab, making them rush it.

I shook her harder, making her groan lightly.

She couldn't completely wake- it's like she was medicated.

Luke returned, making me tell him what I thought

"She can't be medicated- she's working and she knows that-" "what if it was accidental"

"Who is capable of accidentally medicating themselves so much they pass out without overdosing?"

"A hospital intern"

We waited on results, throwing around the idea for several minutes.

Soon a nurse brought us the results with a smile before leaving.

Luke opened them- scanning them.

He looked to me
"She's either on drugs or she was drugged"

"Let's pray that she was drugged"

It was just a waiting game now.

Every few
Minutes we tried to wake her up- but failed.

It was now almost five in the evening and she was still limp.

Luke had thrown a blanket over her, rubbing her shoulders with a rough touch to try and speed up the process.

Just as my interns entered.

"We were wondering if there was going to be a surgery for one of us-"

And in that one sentence, I immediately knew what had happened here.

"Who drugged her?"