Ladies and gentlemen - avengers - endgame spoilers

Words:700
Warnings: super sad, endgame spoilers, character death

Endgame ending with a twist cause I love Tony too much.

This was it. The battle of the century. You had been an avenger since ultron. Everything was great until you almost risked the lives of the entire team and killed them. This ended with the result of Pietro passing away. The team barely talked to you. That's when you left the avengers, thinking you could only cause harm. You thought that was the biggest problem in the world but here you were, fighting a titan with every powerful being know to man. No matter your past, you would fight for your life. You had nothing to lose.

Spider-Man just gave the gauntlet to Captain Marvel. You breathed rapidly, fighting every enemy close, feeling that it was all coming to an end now that she had it. That was until Thanos locked his eyes on her. He charged towards her and fought her head on. Glancing around you saw every avenger fighting, their families and friends popping into your head. You saw into their minds. You saw what they had to lose. They lost it once; you couldn't let that happen again. Not now and not ever.

Slamming your weapon through three aliens at once, you charged for your target. Running faster than ever before, your lungs burned harshly. Breathing in deeply, you started to reach where you needed to be. Everything started to go in slow motion for you, Captain Marvel fought strong and hard but you knew it wouldn't last forever. You gasped, just before you could get there, Thanos slipped on the gauntlet. You let out a growl of fury and hit your hands together, activating your metal gloves.

Letting out a battle cry, you charged furiously at the Titan and jumped at him. He raised his fist with that gauntlet and brought it down hard towards you.

"No!" You heard Tony yell. You heard the sparks made by Stephen Strange appearing near you. The heroes fell silent when you caught Thanos' fist. You looked him dead in the eyes as you pried his fingers apart, yelling with the strength it took. Thanos took his other hand and threw you away. You rolled as you hit the floor. Your hearing was temporary replaced with a ringing noise. Slowly heaving yourself up, you watched Thanos make a speech. Your hearing came back just as he raised his fingers to click. You knew this was it for you. Thanos clicked.

Nothing happened. The avengers looked confused. Thanos looked at his hand. The stones were gone. You smirked and cleared your throat. Everyone turned to you as your metal glove formed a gauntlet with the stones in. There was an intake of breath. You stared Thanos directly in the eyes.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We got 'em." You said before bringing your fingers together and clicking. Your arm started to burn but you couldn't feel the pain, not now. Glancing down you saw the burn travel up your arm and to your face.

"No. No no no!" Thor yelled. You watched, a smile on your face as Thanos disintegrated before your eyes. That's when you stumbled and feel to the floor.

"Oh Y/n, you did so well." Stephen said, holding your hand. Tony Stark slowly walked forward as if he couldn't believe it.

"It was supposed to be me." He mumbled. You lay, head on Thor's lap, a small smile gracing your lips.

"L-love." You stuttered, before your head rolled to the side.

•••••••••time skip•••••••••••••••••

"Love was her last word. So fitting for the person she was. She loved us all and I'm sure she knows we love her too. So so much." Tony finished his speech at your funeral, tears running down his face. Everyone was gathered around your grave stone in silence. That was until Morgan Stark stepped forward. Everyone looked up from staring at the ground.

"Auntie Y/n," she spoke, placing flowers on the grave, "I love you 3000."

————————————————————
A/N oof

Welp that was sad. Sorry about that lmao.

Thank you so much for all the votes and reads!! I really appreciate it!

- Lucy