I wouldn't mind.

The kiss shocked them both.
But by the way Keefe completely froze, she'd say it shocked him more.

Sophie had no idea why she had done it, other than she wanted to in that moment. She had been so scared that she could have lost him, and than she had been angry that he hadn't told her, and than, well he'd stepped so close that she forgot all of that. And she was just staring at his perfectly defined lips. When he had said what he had. . . well she didn't know if this was what he meant by it.

All she knew was that now her and her lips were pressed up against Keefe Sencen.
And he wasn't kissing her back.

This was a mistake, it had to be, he didn't like her that way.
Just as she was about to pull away, (blushing and apologizing profusely) Keefe came back to life. Wrapping his arm around her waist, not letting her back out. His other hand moved to her face, angeling it up more as he deepened the kiss.

Sophie didn't know how long it lasted, but she knew she'd be ok if it never stopped.
Keefe must have sensed her change in mood, because he lightly, tentatively, ran his tongue over her bottom lip.

The movement was so foreign to Sophie, (Keefe too) that it was a bit of a shock, but by no means an unpleasant one.
On the contrary, it sparked her body, and she ran her hands through his messily styled hair, messing it up even more as she parted her lips for him.

The first sweep of his tongue against her's sent fire though her core, and she went lose a taut in all the right places. His hand moved up and down her slim waist, and his other had fisted itself in the back of her silky, blonde hair.

Sadly, air was required to live.
They broke apart.
Leaving them both breathless, and speechless.
Until Keefe let her go and blew out a breath.

"Humm. . . ok. . . I - um, whoa,"
He exclaimed, still at a loss for the right words.
He took a seat at the foot of her bed, and gathered his thoughts.

"That wasn't. . . um, well that wasn't like a Dex thing right?"

He almost looked afraid that she'd say yes, but Sophie's heart was beating to fast, and she was still so caught up on the lingering taste of him, that all she managed was a head shake and a small, breath-y "nope."
That made him chuckle as the Keefe Sencen famous smirk came back into place.

"You know if you ever wanted to shut me up again. . .
We both know kissing works now." He grinned suggestively up at her, "I wouldn't mind."

Sophie knew her face was on fire, and that she should probably say something.
But all she wanted - needed, was to be close to him again.
She smiled shyly, and walked over to the bed, standing between his legs, as she asked,
"You really wouldn't mind?"

His hands curled around the backs of her thighs.
Her's resting over his shoulders.

"Sophie Foster, you have no idea just how long I've wanted to do that! Though I always imagined I was the one to start it. But I gotta say Foster, that was quite the first kiss."

A giggle slipped passed her lips, "technically that was my second."

"Ah, but it was better then your first right?"

She learned down and just lightly brushed her lips over his as she whispered, "absolutely."
She felt Keefe smile against her lips, as he fell back on her huge canopy bed, pulling her on top of him, capturing her mouth in his again. And she melted to him, his tongue, every inch of space where there body's touched, the solid feeling of him, and the feeling she had when she was with him. Comfort, acceptance, safety. . .love.

She pulled up, bracing her elbows, on either side of his face, to hold her up.
Keefe reached up to tuck the hair that fell covering them like a curtain, behind her ear. Tracing his fingers lightly over the shell of it before lowering his hand, and locking his beautiful, ice blue eyes, with her brown, gold flecked ones.

A serious expression settled over his handsome face.

"What about. . . Fitz? I thought you had a crush on him?"

Sophie used her hand to sweep the hair out of Keefe's eye, stoking her delicate fingers over his forehead.

"I did." She nodded, "but there's a difference between a crush and love."
She stopped when she realized how that sounded. But it was true, wasn't it? She loved Keefe, and though he could most likely feel her love, empaths.
After everything he had been though. This strong, beautiful boy deserved to have someone tell him out loud.

"I think it had been changing for a while," she started slowly. "And I think, I thought I owed him, for finding me. He was the first person, - elf, that was kind to me, and I think that crush was just a lot misplaced gratitude, y'know? And though Fitz and I are a good team and you know -"

"Let me guess! You're cognates?"

Keefe interrupted raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"Yes" Sophie laughed,
"Now will you be quiet so I can finish? I'm almost done I swear. I'm clearly not as good at words as you are but what I'm trying to say is that, Fitz an I are to much alike. We'd end up tearing each other apart.
And I've know that for a while. But I also knew that, it was you, Keefe, its always been you. And deep down I've always known that. Even in the beginning. "

His eyes looked shiny as she talked, and she noticed that they were lined with silver,
She gently traced the curves and angles of his face.

"So - so what I'm saying is that. . ."

He turned his face into her palm as she cupped his face meeting his gaze,

"Is that I love you."
Sophie whispered,

"I love you."

He was crying now, tears slowly rolling down the sides of his face as he choked out,

"I love you Sophie, so so much."

She leaned down just a bit more to kiss his cheeks, replacing tears with gentle kisses. And it struck her as he kissed her again, that she was probably the only person who had told him that - that wasn't an evil psychopath of course, and she wasn't even sure that his father had ever said anything kind to him.

So she kissed him back, putting all the love and passion she felt for him behind it. And that was going to be a hard kiss to top.

A/N hey people! Thanks for reading, and thank you for the 32 views already! I honestly wasn't expecting that much this early! So thanks, K bye ;)