"I know. But the less chances of people fighting with her the better. Obviously she isn't mature enough to handle relationship struggles, so she obviously can't handle a relationship-period."

I nod like I completely agree with him but on the inside I completely disagree. She can date who ever she wants. It's not his decision. I want to take her out. I want to hold her in my arms and treat her like the beautiful goddess she is...unlike Shane who probably only wanted to get in her pants. I mean yea I want to do that with her eventually but not for a few years...I'm a good guy right? "Why did you change your mind?"

"What do you mean."

"You had to have caught my hint..you know me wanting alone time with her..so you had to have been okay with it."

"I know she had been dreaming of getting a kiss from you for years. I figured I'd let it happen before I banned her from dating again. This time I'm not breaking. My decision is final."

"Please don't kill me right here, but..don't you think she's going to hate you now? A guy kissed her and she could possibly like him. Now you're telling her she can't date?"

"First of all, that guy is you. Second, she won't hate me because of this reason right here," Jason gestures towards the hospital, "she isn't old enough or smart enough to date. Third, I don't care who she likes. If I don't approve..it's not happening." Anger slowly builds inside me as Jason continues to make it very clear I can't date Annie. Who exactly gave HIM the power to control everyone?!

"Isn't it Annie's choice who she dates?" Jason whips around and pins me to the wall by my shirt. Anger explodes in my chest and I have to hold my breath to keep from throwing Jason off of me right here and pounding his face in.

"No. It's mine." I shove Jason off of me and fix my shirt.

"I don't think it is. She's gonna be 17 soon. She needs to learn how to make choices." We're standing in the hall way a few doors down from Annie. Jason takes a deep breath and begins walking again. I turn and head the other direction, towards Annie's room.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"Where ever the hell I please!" I sarcastically respond....which wasn't a great idea. Jason stops abruptly and turns to face me.

"What about the bro code, douche."

"Good thing we're not bros any more...or I would have cared." My words slap Jason in the face and he clenches his jaw.

"We've been friends for years and you're willing to give that up for a girl."

"Not just any girl, Jason! It's Annie! I've liked her just as long as we've been friends. You've known that! I finally get the chance to take her out and Shane ruins it! Then I finally get the chance to kiss her and you ruin it!" Anger rolls and tumbles in my chest like a thunderstorm. It darkens and stretches out through my body until every nerve is twitching..begging me to fight back. "I'm not asking...If I want to date her, and she wants to date me, it'll happen. I won't hurt her like Dylan and Shane did."

"Damn right you won't. Because I forbid you to date her." I swallow hard and clench my fists. I haven't turned to face him yet, but I know he has that 'mightier than all' smirk on his face.

"Fine." I turn around and head towards Jason. I slam into his shoulder as I pass him not giving a $hit if it hurts. Annie won't go against her brother anyways. This was a stupid fight to get into. I should have brushed it off and found a different girl..one who will do anything to be with me and doesn't have an overprotective older brother!

"Are we cool?" I look at Jason, to make sure I actually heard him correctly, as the elevator reaches the lobby.

"You're unbelievable." I shake my head and walk out.