SonAmy Story 3 Chapter 11

Chapter 11: It's for the best.Amy closed her eyes tight holding back the tears, while holding Shori in her arms. 'I can't protect her...why did I think that I could...' Amys tears began to fall, Sonic looked at Amy with sad eyes, "Amy...it's ok-""No it's not!!" Sonic backed away slightly, Amy looked at him, "I can't protect her! I never could! I thought I could but I just can't! Ok I just can't!" Sonic kneeled down beside her, "Amy we can protect her...with everyones help she will be safe..." Amy looked at Sonic, he smiled at her, she looked up at her friends, they smiled and nodded. Amy looked down at Shori, she was breathing slowly. 'Everyones...help...' Amy stood up, holding Shori close, she kept her gaze at the ground. Sonic stood up and looked at her worried, Amy never looked at him or her friends, "I'm sorry...but I have to get Shori out this cold air..." Amy started walking away, she gradually started running, tears flowing from her eyes. "She has to be somewhere safe..." - - -Amy was back at the hotel, she lay Shori down on the bed. She grabbed a small suitcase, as she was the filling the suitcase, she remembered what she had promised Shori.*Flash Back*"Shori...whats wrong..." Shori faced the other way, "Mommy...you...won't leave me..." Shori looked at Amy, "...will you..." Amy looked at her shocked, "Shori..." Amy brought Shori into her arms, "I will never leave you...but if I did...just know that wherever you go...I will be in your heart...and my friends and I will always be watching over you..." Shori looked at her shocked, "Really...?" Amy closed her eyes, "Yeah..." Shori smiled, "Promise...?" Amy looked down at Shori and seen her pinkie finger out, Amy smiled and wrapped her pinkie finger around Shoris, "I Promise." Shori smiled, she closed her eyes and fell asleep, happy, knowing she would always have her mother beside her. Amy closed her eyes, "We will always be together...no matter what..."*End Of Flash Back*Amy looked down sad, 'I'm so sorry Shori...I really am but this is for the best...' Amy sat the suitcase on the floor at the door, she took hold of her phone. She dialled a number, and placed the phone to her ear."Hello...Sonia...I need you to do me a favor...Please..." - - -Later that day, Amy was sat on the bed next to Shori waiting for her to wake up, Amy noticed Shoris eyes flutter open. Shori sat up and rubbed her eyes, she seen Amy, "Mommy..." she smiled. Amy gritted her teeth in sadness, Amy stood up and took hold of Shoris coat. "Come on Shori...we have somewhere to go..." Amy place a fake smile on her face. Shoris smiled, "Really Where!?!?" Shori stood up and put her coat on. Amy smiled, "it's a surprise..." Shori jumped in the air, "YAY!" Amy grabbed the small suitcase, and took hold of Shoris hand. They started walking out the door, 'Please forgive me Shori...' They walked out the hotel doors, Amy and Shori started walking through the city. Shori was still smiling and hugging her moms hand.Sonic was walking through the city, he noticed Amy and Shori, he seen the small suitcase, his eyes widened in shock. He ran over to Amy, "Amy!!" she turned her head slightly, she noticed Sonic and looked away, she continued to walk on.Sonic walked beside her, "Amy what are you doing!?" Amy didn't answer him, Sonic looked down at Shori, and remembering what Amy said, 'I can't protect her!'Sonic looked at her shocked, "Amy your not doing what I think your doing!?" Amy looked at Sonic with sad eyes, "depends on what you think I am doing..." They finally reached a Train Station, Sonic noticed Manic and Sonia stood at the Train Station. Sonic other friends noticed them and walked over, wondering what was going on. Shori looked up at Amy, "Mommy are we going on the Train?" Amy smiled, hiding her sad face, "I'm not...You are Shori..." Shori looked up at Amy shocked, "What..." Sonics eyes widened, "No..." Tikal, Knuckles, Cream and Rouge were more shocked. Shori looked up and seen Manic and Sonia smiling at her, "hey Shori...you will be staying with us for a while..." Shori was holding back her tears, "With Mommy...Right?" Shori looked up at Amy, shaking her hand for her to reply, "Right!?" Shoris tears began to fall.Amy sat on her knees infront of Shori, she placed her hands on Shoris shoulders. Amy smiled and looked into Shoris eyes, "Shori...I want you to go with Sonia and Manic..." Shoris looked at her confused and hurt. "Why!?" Amy looked down, "I don't want you staying here...you will be hurt...and I don't want that to happen..." Shoris gritted her teeth as her tears fell faster, "but I want to stay with you Mommy!" Tears filled Amys eyes, "I know you do...but I want you to be safe..." Shori clenched her fists, "but you promised you would never leave me!" Amy smiled and took hold of her gold locket which was around her neck. She took it off, she put it on Shori, "and I will keep that Promise..." Shori looked down at the locket, Amy opened it. Inside was a picture of Amy and Sonic, Shori took hold of it, she closed it and smiled slightly. "Thank you Mommy." Tears fell from Amys eyes, Amy hugged Shori, "This isn't good bye forever...once it's safe again...I will come and pick you up...and we will be together again..."Sonic gritted his teeth in anger at Amy, she was sending away their daughter, he never got to choose if she could go or not. Sonics hands turned to fists, Amy kissed Shori on the forehead, "Good Bye Shori..." Shori smiled slightly, "Good bye Mommy." Hearing those words made Amy feel sick to her stomach, she wanted to cry so much that she felt sick inside. Amy let go of Shori, Shori ran over to Sonia, Sonia lifted Shori into her arms. Manic took hold of Shoris small suitcase, the Train arrived. Amy stood up, Sonia and Manic smiled, "don't worry we will take good care of her..." Amy nodded while wiping away her tears, "I know you will...Thank You." Sonia and Manic walked inside the train, Shori looked over Sonias shoulder, she waved her small hand. Sonic ran towards the Train, Amy gasped "Sonic!" the doors closed. Sonic started banging on the doors, "Shori don't go! I can protect you! Shori!!" Shori looked away with tears forming in her eyes, "you can't Daddy..." The Train started moving, Sonic gritted his teeth in sadness, rain started falling from the sky, as soon as the train was out of site, Sonic walked towards Amy with an angry look. He grabbed Amys shoulders, "why did you send Shori away! I could have protected her!! now it may be years before we can see her again!" Amys tears fell faster, "No it won't!!" Sonic sighed, "Amy...Mephiles won't go down so easily...this battle could last for months...do you really want to be away from Shori that long?" Amy wiped away her tears and looked at Sonic, "as long as she is safe...then I don't care!" Sonic placed his hand on Amys shoulder, "ok..." Amy took hold of Sonics hands, "what happened to the Sonic that I knew..." Sonic looked at her confused, "nothing he is right here-...""No he isn't...I want my Sonikku back...the one who was always secretly shy around me...the one who was always up for a challenge...the one who loves and supports me no matter what happens...because lately...I don't know where he is anymore..." Amy let go of his hands, she started walking away. Sonic was shocked, "Amy..." Shadow and Rouge walked away, Tails, Cream,Tikal and Knuckles were shocked. Blaze and Silver looked at Sonic then ran after Amy, Sonic scratched his head, 'she is right...whats happened to me...what happened to what me and Amy had...why has everything changed...'Sonic fell to his knees, Tails and Knuckles placed their hand on Sonics shoulders, "Sonic the best thing to do is for us all to defeat Mephiles and then you can try and bring your family back just like old times..." Sonic smiled slightly, "Your right..." Sonic stood up, he walked away, 'I will make things right again Amy...I Promise!'