Epilougue

Epilogue

I have a basketball game tonight. Mickey will definitely be there considering he's on the team, and all my other friends said they would try to make it. I'm actually on my way there now. My brother is giving me a ride. To bad I've never met him before. He pulls into the parking lot and drops me off at the door.

"See you soon." He says, "If your coach gets mad at you for being late tell him I said sorry."

"Kk" I say as I walk toward the school.

As I get in there, I realize they are already warming up. I can here Hey Mickey playing in the gym. It is the same gym that I played my first game on this team in. I find the locker room and change as fast as I can.

"Hey Mickey." I say to Mickey as soon as I get into the gym.

"Hi." He says.

"Its your favorite song." I say.

"Shut up." He replies. I laugh.

The game starts soon after. We're playing Mountain View. I've heard there team really sucks, which would be cool; I haven't played in so long, and I would be sad if I lost it.

The game starts with my favorite sound, the buzzer. I jump for the ball, and hit it behind me to my team. When I hit the ground, I fall and scrape my knee, but get back up quickly. I watch as one if the Mountain View kids tries to take the ball but it goes out and the referee blows his whistle. The kid from my team goes behind the line to throw the ball back into play. He throws it to me and I run to the hoop. Just as I begin to shoot the ball, I see the coach’s hat fall off his head and slide under the bleachers. I try not to laugh as I throw the ball into the air. I notice the lights get dim as the ball falls into and through the hoop.

That’s weird I think as I turn around.

The gym is empty except for me, and the tape on the gym floor is beginning to peel. The ball bounces several times before disappearing behind the bleachers. As I go to retrieve it, I see a basketball game in another, newer, court that seems to have just ended, and I hear the song Like a G6.

I can’t believe it I think I’m back in 2011. Mickey said I wouldn’t come back. Did I daydream it all?

I think about when I fell on my knee, I look at it and it’s all bruised up, so I go back behind the bleachers and look underneath. Coach's hat is still there.

Wow I think its still there after all these years. I guess it did happen.

Suddenly I feel sadness that I'm not in the eighties anymore, and wish that I could go back.

After going back to the new gym, I can't believe who I see. He waves at me, so I sit by him.

"What just happened?" I ask.

"Its a long, long story." Mickey says with a laugh.

------

Hope you liked it! Please leave any comments. This is my first story so any critisisms whether goor or bad are welcome