nineteen. mi hermano

EDITED JULY 16 2021

That morning, as she overlooked the rising sun, Eight remembered the things she told Allison after she discovered her, panicking and sweating.

"I still get nightmares." Eight had explained, a cup of coffee in hand. "In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one really gets used to nightmares."

After making sure that everyone was okay, and after visiting Ben's statue and talking with him for a bit, Eight decided to take a quick bath before going back to Five. Allison and Luther tried to stop her, saying that she needed at least a few days of rest. But Eight decided to ignore her two siblings and go back to Five.

Eight reached Five's door, feeling a slight pain on her leg as she tried to walk but she had decided to ignore it. A bullet wound was nothing. She carefully opened the door, knowing that if she had knocked he wouldn't have answered anyways.

She covered her mouth as she saw Five stitch up his arm while he held a pained expression on his face. "Love, what happened?" she asked, walking towards his bed. Five's head snapped at the familiar voice, his eyes softening as he had saw Eight okay. He went up to hug her, forgetting about the half stitched up wound on his arm. "You should have told me that you got shot." he quivered, burying his face on her neck.

"Nah, I'm okay." Eight quickly dismissed the thought and looked down at Five's bleeding arm. What the hell?

"Hazel and Cha Cha did this?" she asked, looking down at his arm in pure concern. Five didn't reply, but instead, looked at the girl with the furrowed brows. She had just gotten shot, twice, but she still cared about him more that she cared about herself. Eight looked at Five who was not replying, "Five-"

"I love you." Five smiled, causing Eight look up at him with an idiotic grin. "I love you too. So much." she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before making him sit down on the bed. Eight took the needle and the thread and started to stitch Five's arm.

"What will we do? You know, after we stop the apocalypse?" Eight asked, continuing to stitch up his arm. Five started to think, what will they do? He had been so caught up in the idea of stopping the apocalypse and he had no idea what he planned to do next. "I want to be with you, Eight. Forever." he smiled, looking at her as she concentrated on finishing up the stitches.

"Oh yeah?" she smiled, finishing the stitch and taking one of the band aids that were on his table side. "When we have a child, can I name her Delores?" Eight asked, sending Five a teasing smile. Five looked at how adorable she was being, and in that moment, he felt as if he was the luckiest man in the world. He loved her so much.

-

"Dammit, where's Dad's stuff?" A voice yelled, quite muffled since there was a cigarette in his mouth. Eight peeked over the railing to see Klaus digging through the trash, with garbage flying everywhere. She gave an uneasy glance towards Five's direction, who just shrugged, used to Klaus by now.

"Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!" Klaus yelled angrily.

Eight looked around, seeing nobody. She was confused for a moment before she had finally realised what was happening, he was talking to Ben.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus.  But then it occurred to me. I don't care." Five stated once he had climbed down the ladder.

"Hey, there are easier ways out of the house, buddy." Klaus joked.

"This one involved the least amount of talking, or so I thought."

Eight jabbed Five at his shoulder. "You don't have to be so mean." she commented, making Klaus look at her. "Oh, hi Eight!" he slurred. "Ben says hi."