So kiss me

“Kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band, and make the fireflies dance
Silvermoon's sparkling”

“Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer is the song for today. Raise your hand if you remember this song from She’s All That.

Yes, I am in fact that old.

-Her-

Her parents had drastically reduced her and Leyla’s restrictions after Can proposed. Partly it was because he had made a show of respect (along with Emre) and partly that they were so busy organizing a wedding that they didn’t have time to supervise everything the girls did. Unfortunately she hadn’t been able to use her newfound freedom for what she really wanted to. Mostly she just went to the publishing house and ate meals with Can when she wasn’t finalizing wedding details.

She knew Leyla was using her free time wisely, or possibly not so wisely since she had been meeting up with Emre. He was how they both got in serious trouble last time, but she knew if it had been Can, she would do the same thing. She was thankful that she no longer had to question Emre’s integrity. She knew he was a good man, a changed man. Now he just had to prove himself to Leyla and eventually her parents.

The leash had been lengthened sure, but she knew that still wasn’t allowed to go to Can’s house unsupervised. That of course didn’t stop her. The easiest way to pull it off was to not let him know he would be taking her home.

He picked her up on a Saturday afternoon two weeks before the wedding. He kissed her mother farewell and told her they were going to see a band that he wanted to get to play at the wedding. All of this was true, and no one suspected a thing.

“Are you excited to see them?” They were driving across town to an outdoor amphitheater where Can’s favorite band was playing an end of Summer concert.

“What time did you tell my mother you would drop me off home?”

The lack of answer and abrupt change of topic made him double take. “Um. I didn’t tell her a time?”

“Good.”

Judging by the mix of wariness in his posture and excitement in his eyes he knew she was up to something, but he didn’t know what.

She really was excited to see the band. Ever since their fateful elevator accident in which they were forced to talk about anything and everything, she realized they had similar taste in music. He had introduced her to stuff she had never heard from abroad, and she reignited his love for Turkish classics.

The concert was fun and casual. Can had packed them a picnic basket and they sat out on a blanket eating and singing along. After dark (and a few sips from his flask of whiskey) she convinced him to dance with her. He wasn’t the most natural, but he always made an effort for her. She laughed and hugged her arms around his neck when he did something that was technically on the beat but looked horrendously awkward. She could feel how big his smile was as he pressed a kiss to her cheek, his arms tight around her.

“Will you take me home?” she whispered into his neck.

“What?! I thought you were having fun?” he pulled back to look at her.

“Of course I am, but I wanted to have a little more fun.” she raised her eyebrows in emphasis.

“Oh.” she could see it in his eyes when it fully dawned on him.”You mean my house home.”