Passing Time

"I can't believe he gave me a 73%!" I shouted as I paced around Quils room as he sat watching me from his spot in the bed. It's been 2 weeks since we have started dating and I had just gotten my math grade back. And I was very annoyed. I had studied for hours for that test, ask Quil! He was the one who helped me! With his perfect hair in front of his eyes, the way he bit his lip while he focused. And how his beautiful eyes shined while laughing at me for making stupid jokes about my mistakes. Okay, I'll admit, it wasn't the best idea to study with Quil. But it was an excuse to see him.

"If you think about it, it's not a bad grade," Quil tried to reason with me from his place in the bed.

"It's good compared to other people," I said while changing my direction, "but I usually get, like, mid eighties."

"It was a hard test," he stated, "not something that you should be wolfing out in my room for."

Just then I realized the subtle shaking that had erupted throughout my body. I signed, realizing that Quil was right. "Your right. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry I bored you with my problems."

"Don't apologize," Quil said while standing up and walking over to me, "You could never bore me with your problems. I'm your imprint, it's my job to comfort you."

I smiled to myself when he claimed to be my imprint. I would never get over the butterflies that erupted in my stomach every time he mentioned it. As he was standing right in front of me rubbing my arms, I couldn't help but stare into his adorable eyes and smile. I was the luckiest girl in the world. "Thank you."

"No problem wolf girl," he smirked as I giggled while leaning down and attaching his lips to mine. His lips. His lips were pure ecstasy. As I was slowly wrapping my arms around his neck, a howl sounded through the air. Paul!

"No, no, no, no," I whined as I laid my head on his chest while he laughed. "I hate them!"

"Come on, we can hang out tomorrow. Right now you have a job to do," he said while placing a quick peck on my cheek and turned me towards the window.

"Fine, see you tomorrow Ateara," I shouted as I jumped out the window.

"See you tomorrow, wolf girl!" I heard him yell as I made my way to the tree line. I phased quickly as I made my way deep into the forest, my head filling with the voice of one of my brothers.

"What up Mia."

"Paul," I responded bitterly.

"Woah, someone's got their tale in a twist. Did I interrupt something?" Paul asked as the images of me and Quils recent encounter played through our heads.

"Shut up Lahote," I said through the link. This was going to be a long ass night.

••••••••••

~2 Months Later~
"How the hell do you expect us to just wait around, huh? You know there is vampires out there, and there's evidence to! Embry Call and Jacob Black are showing signs of phasing!"

"I don't care if their showing signs, we haven't picked up a sent in months! I already have you guys on higher patrol, what else do you expect me to do!"

"I don't know, talk to the elders! How else can you explain their sudden signs and growth spurts?"

"Did you ever think that maybe it was from the Cullens being here? You saw Jacob that night, he definitely had started the process then. So why are you freaking out?!"

"Do you actually just ask that question! I have a family and an imprint to protect, and so do you! It my job as beta to noticed these things remember? You gave me this job for a reason, so why don't you trust me?"