Chapter 18: ~meeting~

Lauren made an appointment when she first woke up, the receptionist tells her that they had an opening for that afternoon. With that confirmed, she woke up Camila, and they made their hour drive to the office.

"Lo, where are we going?" Camila said whilst looking out the window.

"It's a surprise," Lauren replied, not wanting her to know just yet.

"Will I enjoy it?" Lauren bit her lip before she answered.

"I don't know," she replied just as they pull up to the office. Camila immediately frowned "Why are we here?"

"Mila, you need to talk to someone,"

"No, I don't." Camila snapped.

Lauren sighed. She knew this would be difficult but she didn't have much of a choice. "Just give it a chance, okay?"

>>>

Camila sluggishly followed behind Lauren as they made their way to the waiting room. The two took notice that there were a few people waiting as well, mostly grown adults.

"Lo, how long is this gonna take?" Camila whispered.

"Your session is probably gonna be an hour or less,"

"But that's too long," Camila protested.

"Karla Jauregui?" the therapist called, ready to usher her to the room. Camila got up and began to walk over, only for her to notice that Lauren stayed seated. "Aren't you coming?"

Lauren shook her head solemnly. "This is all you, nugget," Camila frowned, feeling a little nervous before she squared her shoulders and followed the therapist into the room.

"So, Camila it says here that you have some PTSD?"

"What's that?"

"Its post-traumatic stress disorder,"

"Oh," Camila looked at her feet.

"Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed about, let's just talk, tell me what has you so concerned."

>>>

An hour had passed since her sister entered the office, and Lauren waited patiently for her sister to come out. Camila came back out, followed by her therapist, ready to ask her little sister about how the appointment went. However, Camila didn't even look up to meet her eyes.

"I'll wait in the car," Camila grabbed Lauren's keys. "O-Okay." The eldest watched her sister go, before turning to the professional. "How did she do?" "She did great, but I think I have a solution to the problem,"

"What do you suggest?"

"She should face your aunt and uncle and talk to them. She needs to find a sense of closure with that part of your lives," Lauren frowned. "But what if that just makes her more scared? Plus, she wouldn't see them willingly."

"I can assure you that this method has worked on a lot of my patients before." The therapist replied. "I understand that the circumstances are odd, but maybe you could coax her into going?"

"I'll try, thank you," Lauren left and got in the car, seeing her sister look out the window and tracing shapes into the armrest. "So how'd it go?"

"Okay, I guess," Camila shrugged.

Lauren could sense the girl didn't wanna talk about it, so she just left the topic alone. "Hey, do you want to grab some ice cream? My treat," she suggested. Camila perked up. "Sure, can we go to the good place we like? They have better waffle cones," Lauren laughed. "Yeah, we'll go there."