38. "Well, I suppose you got quite a show."

(977 words)

"Um Ethan?" I said in a low voice, wondering if he was awake. It was 11:00 pm and we were both lying in bed, with me enclosed in his arms. I had been trying to sleep but my reckless thoughts were keeping me awake.

"Yes, love?" He asked, opening his eyes.

"You can't fall asleep either, can you?" I asked him softly, gently running my fingers at the side of his face.

"True. How can I sleep when I know there's someone out there wanting to harm us?"

"Let's talk about something else right now." I said, wanting to change the mood and at least feel free from these wrecking thoughts for a little bit.

"Like how beautiful you are?"

I giggled at his response. "Oh please, Ethan."

"We can even talk about how irresistibly hot I am." He said playfully and I giggled once again.

"Yes yes, my husband, you're very hot." I humoured him. Of course, it was no lie. He was the hottest man on this planet. I gently massaged one of his shoulders before moving my hand down his arm slowly. He sighed and said, "you know even the slightest bit of your touch drives me crazy."

"Oh really, Mr. Woods?" I asked, beginning to draw circles on his hard and defined chest.

"Yes, Mrs. Ethan. It makes me want to kiss you hard." He said and instantly closed the gap between us, nibbling on my bottom lip while his hands felt all over my body.

He broke the kiss and placed another one on my forehead. "You're so cute, Anastasia. You know what your cuteness makes me want to do?"

"What?" I asked him with a smile.

"This." He said smiling adorably at me and booping my nose. This action of his always warmed me up inside and made me feel so happy.

I booped his nose back and then kissed it. "Ah come here, you adorable little girl." He said, pulling me really close to him, so that my breasts were firmly pressed against his hard chest. I bit my lip and he groaned and before I knew it, he was on top of me.

"You turn me so on, Mrs. Ethan." He said seductively as he looked down at me and I looked up at him, still biting my lower lip and anticipating his next move.

"Let's remove this." He said taking off the almost-see through, tiny shirt that I was wearing and throwing it to the side. "And let's remove this too." He said, slowly sliding my tights down my legs, following with my underwear.

"You know one of the things I really love about you?" He asked.

"What?" I whispered as he gently began massaging my breasts.

"You look so hot even in these simple panties." He replied. I raised an eyebrow at me and a question popped into my head.

"Have you ever seen a girl naked besides me?" I asked him, grabbing his hands.

His eyebrows shot up, indicating he wasn't expecting me to ask that. "Unfortunately, yes." He replied and for some reason, jealousy overfilled me immediately. Really hypocritical, Anastasia. You've gone naked many times for a guy before. Don't forget that.

"Who?" I asked.

"It wasn't intentional. She stripped down trying to impress me. I didn't ask her to do it." He defended.

I pulled the covers onto me and propped myself up on my elbows. "I'm interested. Tell me all about it." I said, looking straight at him.

He chuckled nervously. "Well, um, it was a regular day. I was in my office, sitting at my desk, doing something on my laptop, when an employee who was supposed to hand me some reports came in. I didn't pay much heed to her and continued doing my work but she didn't leave. You know, I'm such a cold person. I gave her this look and told her that she could leave. But she still didn't and started stripping."

"Well, I suppose you got quite a show." I remarked.

"Not really, but I did get quite disgusted. But I suppose the security got a nice show since they had to drag her out of there in her lingerie." I started laughing. Don't blame me, it was just funny for me.

"There's only one attractive girl in my eyes." Ethan said.

"And that is?" I asked playfully, raising an eyebrow.

"Her name's Anastasia Ethan and only she can turn me on." He said, removing the covers from my body and capturing my lips in a passionate kiss.

———

*THE NEXT MORNING*

"Babe, please be careful." I said to Ethan worriedly as he got dressed for work.

"Sweetheart, security is more strict than before now. And besides, nothing can happen to me when I have your prayers." He assured me, kissing both my hands.

"Don't go anywhere without your bodyguards." I instructed sternly and he chuckled slightly.

"Yes, my darling, I won't go anywhere without them. I shan't disobey you at all." He said humorously and gave me an exaggerated kiss on the forehead.

"Now, if my wife can just give me my final goodbye kiss, I'll be blessed." He said and I smiled slightly, closing the gap between us, gently kissing his lips.

"Take care of yourself, my love, okay?" Ethan said to me once we broke the kiss.

I nodded my head vigorously. "You too." I whispered, my stomach knotting up, afraid that I might receive more bad news soon.

"I love you very much, Anastasia." He said to me, kissing my forehead again.

"I love you very much too, Ethan." I replied. He gave me a final smile and headed for the bedroom door. I watched his retreating figure with a pounding heart in my chest and fear coursing through my veins. Why did I feel like I would never see him again?