i fell in love with a barkeeper? pt. 1 (hawksilver) (edited)

Hawksilver requested by MarvelGeek3000

barkeeper au where there's no powers and clint's a bartender 

Clint got his bartending job as soon as he was old enough to legally drink. He always had a knack for mixing drinks But never when he was underage. That never happened.

Clint was being sarcastic. It happened all the time. He was very popular in college for making extravagant drinks that were a lot better than warm beer.

He graduated with a masters in forensics but he much preferred being behind the bar.

"Clint!"

Right on time. Every day, to keep Clint company, Tony would come in to work on his designs. Sometimes he brought Bruce, sometimes it was Natasha, but mostly it was his boyfriend, Steve, who loves to listen to Tony's ramblings.

"Hey guys." Clint waves as Tony and Steve take a seat on the barstools.

He hands both of them a club soda and Tony slams his giant binder on the counter.

"Seriously, Tony?"

"What, it's the best atmosphere. Plus, I like bothering you." Tony grins and Steve smiled apologetically, but Clint knows Steve likes bothering him as much as Tony does.

Two hours pass. Clint learns a lot about biochemistry then he ever thought he would. Granted, he's probably going to forget it all in the span of five minutes, but it's the thought that counts.

During those two hours, the sun starts to set and people, excited to make it to the weekend, file into the bar. A lot of them are regulars. Some of them are new, and some have just come to supervise their friends.

The door swings open, letting in a beam of the dim setting sun. Customers groan and shield their eyes.

The new patron takes a seat at the counter and drops his head, his platinum white hair falling on the sticky counter.

"Can I get you anything?" Clint asks, swinging his towel over his shoulder.

"What's the strongest drink you can make?" The person says. "I'll take three of them."

Clint frowns. That was the vaguest order he's gotten.

He mixes together a black Russian, one of the most recent drinks he's learned how to make and pours it into three glasses, before pushing it towards the patron.

The patron manages a weak smile at Clint before tossing all three of them back, one after the other.

Jesus Christ.

"You good?" Clint asks.

The person nods and throws down thirty dollars before stumbling out of the bar.

Clint watches as they exit, before grabbing their three empty glasses and setting them in the dirty dish bin to clean later.

He looks over at Steve and Tony, both of whom are making kissy faces at him.

"What?" Clint asks, walking over to them.

"They were cute." Tony says, waggling his eyebrows.

Clint groans. "Not this again."

"Yes, this again. They were cute. If they come back, you should ask 'em out." Tony elbows Steve. "Come on, back me up."

"Tones, we know nothing about this person. All we know is they came in, ordered one of the strongest drinks and then proceeded to drink three of them-"

"Thank you, Steve-"

"I wasn't finished. But, they were cute, you should find out their name."

"That's it, we aren't friends anymore." Clint turns away from them.

"Aw, Clint!" 

"Can't hear you!" He says, pointing at his hearing aids.

"Oh, low blow, Barton. I know your hearing aids are on!" Tony says. Clint turns around and grins cheekily, before heading over to help a different patron. 

They were a bit cute.

ooooooooo clint has a crushhhh

or does he 

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT PART!!! 

come find me on tumblr @/angelwiththeblue-box 

xoxo val