c h a p t e r 2 ; tricks on love

CHAPTER TWO, The Girl Who Read [And the Boy Who Kissed Her]: tricks on love

        ❝We accept the love we think we deserve.

                ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

         Step one of operation fall-in-love-with-me: Spencer thought deeply.

         He thought...

        And thought...

        And thought...

        And came up with...  Nothing.

             He had made a whole list of romantic actions they could perform (because lists were just awesome), but couldn't decide which one to use.

             He groaned and grabbed his head between his hands.  She hadn't called him yet.  That was a problem.  His hands constantly jittered and his foot was always found tapping away on the floor, with his phone a few inches away from his index finger.  His mother's soft, beautiful, aging face would glance at him with a motherly concern in her eyes, and then his father would just place a hand on his wife's shoulder and she would break her pitiful expression.

             He wanted that 

             A love that could last for over thirty years like his parent's, a love that could erase the pain from the world, a love that made it feel as if you were the only two in the room.

            He needed that.  Craved for it.

            He grabbed the car keys off the hook and called to his parents, "I'll be out."

                            ♡❤♡

            He pulled up to the petite, sky blue bookstore with white shutters.  The grass was neatly trimmed and there were pink tulips and deep red roses lining the shop.  The second floor of the bookstore was the house part.  He gulped, his adam's apple bobbing up and down. 

             Gravel cracked underneath his old, torn up sneakers as he slowly made his way to the door of the closed bookstore.  It was always closed on Sundays.  He raised a fist to knock on the door, because he knew Skylar was always reading in the bookstore, but instead rang the doorbell and could hear the chiming sound run throughout Skylar's house. He heard shuffling, and some voices.

          "-a boy-"

         "-be quiet, Samuel-"

          "-a little girl, Honey-"

      After a couple long minutes the door swung open where Spencer was suddenly face to face with the end of a shotgun.

          He gulped and shakily croaked, "Hello, s-sir-"