3.41 Eclipse? More like these di- (Scene 2)

AN: My favorite part about editing is the new chapter titles. They crack me up.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it! No!" Asha crashes, her eyes holding frustrated tears as her brows furrow in defeat. She had lost the damned woman within the commotion, the woman falling between trees as the two fliers followed the easily noticeable rhino, foolishly thinking that Aki would remain on the rhino. 

"The eclipse is almost here, if we hurry we can catch up with the invasion and help there, princ- Ash. It's not over yet. Aki can't cause trouble without fire bending, but those warrior have weapons that'll still do harm." Raiko tries pulling the girl by her arm, only for it to be tugged away.  He refrains from using the nickname momentarily, especially after what Aki said.

"What's the point? I've failed once more, whose to say I won't again?"  The defeat is easily heard, but Raiko won't accept it.

"Come on, damn it! You've fought hundreds of people at once before, nearly been killed, and have saved the Avatar countless times; sure a few failures happen, but a wise person once said, that with trying your hardest comes setbacks." Raiko pauses, moving to Asha's hip where her signature satchel was tightly tied. She doesn't stop him  as he digs through it, pulling something out. 

Pulling the brown locks to the side, Asha winces as the feeling of cold twine is brought back to her neck. "Never failures, just a delay to your success." Raiko ties the necklace tightly, smiling as he pulls her hair back to it's original style.

Asha's small fingers reach up to feel the necklace, shocking herself as a poppy petal graces her touch.  She had forgotten all about it. The necklace Aang made her, before all of this fighting became a scarring reality.  

She had forgotten how such a small sign of affection could mean so much, how he remembered such a small thing from her childhood. How he took the time to remember such small things about her.  

Raiko was right, as much as it hurt her to say it. Standing up, Asha realized there was never a thing as failure, not yet at least. 

"Let's go kick some fire nation butt."

___

With both and Raiko and Asha on the ground, running between warriors from both sides (Protecting their own and firing at the enemies, a few cries of 'the Onsra!' escaping the warriors as they do), Asha can see the two water tribe siblings and Aang, which worries her to no extent.

"Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down?" Sokka whines with a desperate look, Asha appearing in his line of sight. Which forces him to whine again. "And his queen? Both of them are big scaredy cats. Please say that-"

"He wasn't home. No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned." Aang growls, anger flowing through him, then Asha. 

"They knew, Sokka. Aki, she played me. She played with my emotions then ran off somewhere." Asha speaks up, getting looks of surprise from Aang, who has a sense of relief before that gets flooded with defeat, much like Asha had.

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse."  Aang holds his staff tightly, his knuckles turning white as he does.

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker." Sokka begins, holding a fist to his chin. 

"Somewhere he could go so it'll be safe during a siege but still be close enough to lead his nation." Raiko cuts in, Toph beside him.