The Announcement

"Panem has prospered for many years. We have survived drought and famine and war until we reached this--our golden years. Our golden days of prosperity and riches, of peace and unity. Through the Hunger Games, the people of Panem have seen benefits from increased rations, from celebrations of life, and from the unending generosity of our newest President, President Coriolanus Snow.

"One decade has passed since the refounding of our great nation. From ashes and rubble to safety and security, the Hunger Games remain the source of freedom for all. This past decade has been tumultuous, but who among us can say we are not better off? Who among us can say our children are not better fed, our homes better built, our food better rationed? And who do we have to thank for our great gifts? Our President. Without further ado, I humbly invite President Coriolanus Snow to give the opening remarks of the night."

---
Look, LOOK. I had this book unpublished for WEEKS. I was waiting for a time I wasn't busy. And then??? And THEN??? Suzanne Collins comes out and announces a new book??? So I threw out the quell and welcome to the 10th Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favour.

Coming soon.