Homecoming

Still holding Kïma close to her, Aloy blinked slowly, still processing what just happened. Kïma eventually stepped back, holding the huntress' hand. 
Not knowing what else to say, she stuttered : 

"I... I hope the Ropecaster didn't hurt you... I mean, the metal at the end of the rope..."

The collector used her free hand to inspect her abdomen. Three distinct reddish lines were visible, in a triangular disposition. She just shrugged it off.

"So... Are you ready to get back on the road ?", asked the Nora male.

"I am. It just shook me a bit.", Kïma replied slowly.

"We'll come back for these Scorchers... someday.", Aloy sighed, squeezing Kïma's hand.

"I sure hope we will", she replied, squeezing hers back.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

"Feels weird to be back here...", Aloy declared softly, looking at the huge Nora gate standing in front of them. 

It still displayed the scars of the Corruptor's invasion and Braves have been added above the gate, to keep watch. The Mother's watch was completely empty, except for the guards. 

"The Noras are sheltering in the Sacred Mountain. Some corrupted machines are still coming from time to time and we prefer to avoid any other massacre.", explained one of the Braves nearby.

"Understandable. I suppose the Matriarchs are with them.", Aloy said, nodding.

"You supposed right. People will be happy to see you again. The Goddess was right to choose you."

"Uh... Yeah, surely. We'll be on our way, now, thank you."

As they were progressing towards the Mountain's door, they could see all the eyes following Aloy, in a worshiping manner. Some people even got on their knees when she passed by them, apparently praying.

"We arrived here five minutes ago and I already want to leave..., Aloy hissed between her teeth.

"Don't you like being acclaimed ?", Bast laughed, waving at random people.

"When I know that a few weeks ago they were avoiding me like I was some kind of disease, that they bullied me since my birth and now that I've proven myself useful, they decided to treat me like a decent human being ? No, thanks, I'll pass."

Bast didn't reply but nodded and put his arm down. 

They eventually stopped in front of the gate, while the Braves opened it for them. The mountain exhaled its distinct smell on the Seekers, a mix between metal, rock, candles and cold. 
As soon as they took a step inside, the door closed behind them and their eyes had to adapt for a second before distinguishing several faces, looking at them the exact same way the Braves outside were doing a second earlier. The candles were the only light sources, lighting their faces with a golden shade and casting dancing shadows on the mineral walls.

"Great...", Aloy sighed, still walking.

"Aloy !"

Squinting her eyes, she saw Teersa, as well as Jezza and Lansra, the three Matriarchs, standing right in front of the triangular door they came for. 

"I'm so glad to see you've finally returned ! How was your journey ?", Teersa asked, after greeting the Seekers.

Aloy could already see Lansra frowning, avoiding to meet her gaze or Kïma's. 

"Well, there were ups and downs, that's the least we could say.", she admitted, "But we found something that might open this door."

Jessa's eyes shine and she asked excitedly :