10. Sister Snake

Spencer kept an eye out for Sister Eun-Ji. She wouldn't be hard to spot, she was whiter than a European, and her jet black hair made her look whiter. Sister Eun-Ji was loyal to their mother because Mother promised to fix Eun-Ji's face once she turned eighteen, especially her eyelids. Back when Spencer was held captive by Mother, Eun-Ji always envied their Iberian heritage as it gave Spencer large, rounded eyes. The only thing Eun-Ji, and their other sisters, didn't envy was Spencer's skin.

Spencer's father has darker skin, which Mother would usually stay away from, but thanks to the money he had from the job he held, it drew Mother to him. So when the two created Spencer, Mother was disgusted with the coloration of Spencer's flesh. Mother tried her hardest to make her look rich, she didn't want a daughter that appeared low-class. No matter how much Spencer cried about the pain, Mother kept reapplying the creams that was supposed to make skin go from brown to the lovely milk white their people desired.

The same could be said about Spencer's mane. The genes that Spencer inherited, mutated and gave them big red hair. It gave Spencer trouble with the Korean education system, kids would pull to see if it's real, teacher would send them home because they thought it was colored. Mother disliked it, so she made a special budget to make Spencer's hair look like hers until Adrian gained custody of Spencer.

Spencer was spending some time to get to know the town. International District was like any other ID, bustling, streets filled with Asian immigrants, their children, grandchildren, and their white hipster friends who think they're cultured just by coming to the district once a week for bubble tea. Spencer sat in a Korean restaurant, conversing with the staff, and enjoying the food that they've been craving ever since the move. They finished the paying when they notice something in the window.

There she was, the serpent, the daughter of a leech. Lee Eun-Ji. She hasn't changed Spencer noted, ink black hair with terribly done bowl cut bangs that reached her pencil-thin eyebrows, monolid eyes, and at age fifteen Eun-Ji barely lost any of the baby fat. Spencer exits the restaurant, hands tucked into jeans, and rib cage, that didn't have the tight embrace of the binder today, expanding with each breath.

"Little sister." Eun-Ji batted her eyelashes in a attempt to be cute. Her lips were stained pink which made her skin look ghost-white.

"Older sister, nice to see you again."

"Cut the crap Eun-Ji, I know Mother sent you to take a peek at my bank account."

"Mommy just wanted to make sure you're doing well." Eun-Ji tilts her head down until she was gazing at Spencer's unbound chest.

"I have an idea what you can use the money for."

"I have an idea too." Spencer snaps "Eun-Ji, listen to me, you go snooping into my bank account again you're gonna need more than just double eyelid surgery." they say, before trying to storm off. But Eun-Ji's hand grabs Spencer's wrist.

"What are doing?"

"Can you pay for my plane ticket back to Gangnam?" Spencer yanks their arm free.

"Tell our leech mother to do that." they walk away, leaving Eun-Ji behind to text the details of their encounter to mother.